Battery 27R vs ?

Yesterday: 12.57V after sitting over night and with the dome light on. Did some errands, including several starts. Today it's 12.43V after sitting all night. Hooked up the Vectronics charger, set it to 10A, and it is quickly throttling back below 5A charging. Will check in an hour.

I thought I had a battery hygrometer around here, but can't find it at the moment.

Bumping my own thread. In the end I... never changed it. Looking once again if I want to do a 27 vs 24F (two of my vehicles run 24F's and it'd be nice to have just one size).

I thought it cranked a bit slowly at Home Depot on Monday. Drove the 30 miles or so home, been sitting since. I just hit it with a multimeter and it's at 12.22 volts. 50-60% charged at an ambient of 60-65F? Might just be due to swap out. That shopping trip had multiple starts with little driving, might have run it down.

It's been getting a lot of short trips lately. Every weekend it's 3 miles to the transfer station, idle, 3 miles home. Every couple weeks it'll get driven for an hour or so, so I haven't worried too much about it.

Edit: Pulled battery, found a stamping on the side that said "SEP0909". I think that decodes to "ya got your monies worth out long ago."

Last edited:
Back