Avg times you wash your vehicle per month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably 0.5. I've never taken my Sonata to a regular car wash, only touchless. Or wash by hand.
But I should probably just take it to a regular $3 wash, the paint is swirly anyways.

The Jeep, 2 times a year.

The Camry?
crackmeup2.gif

I make my money as an auto detailer, and my own cars gets neglected sad to say. But they all are ceramic coated and that helps...A LOT!

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
So many here worry about oil minutia and then never clean their car. I'm fairly shocked.

What's the point of all the maintenance if your car looks like trash?

Yeah...abuse of a car can come in many flavors. Considering what these transportation vehicles cost (new or used), it would seem upkeep is smart.

Taking care of the inside but neglecting the exterior will eventually bite folks in the posterior.

Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
So many here worry about oil minutia and then never clean their car. I'm fairly shocked.

What's the point of all the maintenance if your car looks like trash?

Pretty doesn't get you to your destination. My boss doesn't give a rip if my car looks good if I'm late to work. Detailing does very little for body longevity in my climate and nothing for the powertrain. My pickup gets washed every other month on average. Less often in the winter.

I suspect when someone lives in a near-rainforest climate...all those "free car-washes" create a false sense of "cleaning" a vehicle.

Oh, I know that driving through rain doesn't clean my truck. But without salt on the roads and without buildup holding moisture to the underbody or chassis then anything cleaner is for appearance sake only.

Depends on the vehicle. My Corolla gets washed whenever I drive it in the rain. My wife's Sienna gets washed, waxed and detailed several times a summer. When I get my Corvette it will be spotless every time I drive it...

My daily driver : once a week.

My wife's van : once or twice a month or right before a family trip.

My truck : twice per year.

All washed by hand here. I like doing it.

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001
Weekly average. Have done more than once in a week depending on weather or prior to doing another full detail.

Do you personally wash or detail your vehicles?

I do both my vehicles 2-3 times a month. I am 68 and had a heart attack last year. So doctors are all over me doing a lot of exercise. I find that washing my vehicles is a pretty good workout and I count it as exercise. So does my fitbit. My fitbit often records the washing as me playing basketball if I get really energetic about the washing. I personally do not like the dust or bird stuff that gets deposited on the vehicles. I also don't like sitting around the house. Washing helps me not be bored.

I tried taking my truck through a car wash. Basically I was declined as a customer. I had a ladder rack on the truck. So I was forced to wash by hand. My wife will take the car through the Costco was on occasion. Usually I get to it before that happens though. If she thinks I am to busy she will get it machine washed.

Originally Posted By: 007
Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001
Weekly average. Have done more than once in a week depending on weather or prior to doing another full detail.

Do you personally wash or detail your vehicles?

Absolutely - yes. I consider it "enjoyable therapy"
grin.gif

I even do my 5-6 step full details myself (glaze being the optional step). I invested in a DA polisher that cuts the time on some of the more tedious steps (polishing/glaze). Several other steps are fast and easy. Using Meguiar's Ultimate Polish, #7 Glaze, and Ultimate Liquid as my sealant layer have been the key foundation for sustaining the protection, surface smoothness, and shine - and the extremely easy application of that product adds to saving time and yet getting great results. I have no doubt that doing the full process semi-annually would be sufficient in terms of durability.

I do both my SUV and wife's car with the full wash-claybar-polish-glaze-sealant-topcoat wax treatment process in roughly 2 hours per vehicle. That full process is done about every 4 months (could be done every 6 months), with Chemical Guys Blazin' Banana Spray Wax Natural Carnauba Spray Gloss used in between after a quality wash to sustain the sealant and "wet" shine (and smooth exterior surface including glass). The wash/Spray Wax step takes me about 30-40 minutes weekly - I actually look forward to doing it...knowing how the results will make things turn out.

DgN0UYlX4AESOQO.jpg

DgKQ_q0X0AEIme4.jpg

Dh3CAR_VQAAK1R_.jpg

Dew6x3-VMAALCS7.jpg

Dew6zBEVMAA6DeQ.jpg

Of course I also do an interior (leather, plastic, etc.) full detail every 4 months, with a weekly clean/vacuum.

Wash mine once a month but wax it every 3-4 months. With constant passing showers every single day of the week once a month is enough. Even that is waste of time. Most times I can not even get home from the car wash before it starts raining. I either go to the self service or regular car wash.

I have a all you can wash your car at the car wash pass so I go once a week, last week I went though twice. The car wash is better than a Disneyland ride.IMHO

No set schedule. When it needs it like after rain, snow or dirt roads. It is well protected with a good sealant and to much washing reduces the protection much faster then simple dust and dirt does. Once it starts to build up and you can really notice the dust/dirt, it gets washed.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
zero

+1 Once a year maybe. I have better things to do with my time than wash cars never mind wax them.

Originally Posted By: Trav
zero

+1 Once a year maybe. I have better things to do with my time than wash cars never mind wax them.
I have to agree. I gave up on the waxing years ago. I don't know how some of these people have so much time on their hands to do all that waxing and stuff lol

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
zero

I have to agree. I gave up on the waxing years ago. I don't know how some of these people have so much time on their hands to do all that waxing and stuff lol

Spend a little over an hour over the weekend to wash & spray wax. Not a big time investment here.

To what end? Sure I keep some cars pristine but they only see a few miles a year and live in a garage. DD gets an $4 auto wash once in a while and a hose wash underneath maybe once a year, other than that I see no point.
I couldn't care less how it looks as long and its got no rot on it and the paint is still attached, shiny or wet look is not even an afterthought never mind a priority.

For every hour I spend on that nonsense I am loosing money doing something that pays. This AM I made money without leaving the house in 90 min, why would I use that time washing a car, 4x a month is a new car payment if that's what I wanted to do with it.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
My Grand Marquis is a scratched up dented rust bucket do who cares!
Dude, you sure ask A LOT of meaningless questions here. Why do you care? Don't you realize weather conditions are not the same across all countries BITOG reaches?

Your life must consist of very, very little to do.

OCD perhaps?

To what end? Sure I keep some cars pristine but they only see a few miles a year and live in a garage. DD gets an $4 auto wash once in a while and a hose wash underneath maybe once a year, other than that I see no point.
I couldn't care less how it looks as long and its got no rot on it and the paint is still attached, shiny or wet look is not even an afterthought never mind a priority.

For every hour I spend on that nonsense I am loosing money doing something that pays. This AM I made money without leaving the house in 90 min, why would I use that time washing a car, 4x a month is a new car payment if that's what I wanted to do with it.

I like how you think Trav! Pretty much sums up how I feel as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back