Automatic transmission shift feel

Hi everyone,

I noticed in my 5 speed auto Mitsubishi Diamante that after I reset the ECU the transmission shifts smoothly.

The TCU has a "fuzzy logic" way of adapting to drivers.

After a while the shifts start becoming harsher, like the slip time between gears is short and there's a bit o a jerk.

It does not feel wrong/broken, but I would prefer smoother shifts.

What would govern the shift smoothness? The transmission programming, the solenoids etc?

The transmission is regularly serviced, the ATF was recently replaced and is at the right level.

Has the fluid ever been changed?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

did you read the post, it says: "The transmission is regularly serviced, the ATF was recently replaced and is at the right level.
:

smile.gif

It could be cranking line pressure in the transmission to account for wear, causing the harshness if it's needing to crank the pressure up. But usually after a reset of the adaptives it starts out on the firmer side and smooths out as it learns.

Did you look on web to see if there was a programming procedure to do. Usually involves driving at certain speed for a small distance and working the accelerator.

Originally Posted by dogememe
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

did you read the post, it says: "The transmission is regularly serviced, the ATF was recently replaced and is at the right level.
:

smile.gif

I missed that when I read it before! I promise I looked at the post, but I missed that line
blush.gif

Back