Audi insists on ONLY Castrol VW 505.01 in the RS6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No other VW 505.01 approved oils are supposedly allowed?

quote:

We all have to use the Castrol 505.01. It's the only oil Audi will let us use. They specifically require us to use this and no other, If you do use another brand and there is an engine problem, they will request an oil sample and if they see anything that they dont like as a result, they will void the engine warranty. Now I havent actually written to them and asked if I can use another brand, but with the price of these cars, and the fact that they supply the stuff for free for the first 50k, its not a big deal. It costs $16 per quart if you do want to change it more often than the 10k intervals Audi covers.

Sounds fishy!

This would violate the Magnuson-Moss warranty act unless they provide the oil to you free of charge.

Who are you quoting??

quote:

Originally posted by 1maniac:
This would violate the Magnuson-Moss warranty act unless they provide the oil to you free of charge.

Who are you quoting??

According Mori's quote, VW is providing the oil free of charge every 10K miles.

you can use other brands of oil that are vw 505.1.and their are a few on the market.
tongue.gif

Its not a violation since there are more than one manufacturers of 505.01 oil. They include but are not limited to:
ELF
Motul
Castrol
Quaker State's is supposedly coming out soon too!

An RS6 owner on Audiworld made the above claim. After I told him that didn't sound right he said he'd check with AOA.

I came across that claim while looking for info on why the RS6's gas engine requires VW 505.01, which is actually the oil for the P/D motor.

quote:

Originally posted by jsharp:
$16 per quart?
shocked.gif

Current MSRP of Castrol TXT 505.01(G052167A2) from VoA/AoA is $6.25 per ltr. Of coarse, that is a "suggested" retail price. I'm sure some dealerships are having a free-for-all with the mark up.

Yes, Pete, I surely remember. I gave a link to that particular thread to our fellow Audworlder before I started this thread.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Drew:
Its not a violation since there are more than one manufacturers of 505.01 oil. They include but are not limited to:
ELF
Motul
Castrol
Quaker State's is supposedly coming out soon too!

Schaeffer's has a 5w-40 coming out which also meets the spec!
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back