Audi after chain&pump

IMG_2295.jpeg
IMG_2292.jpeg
IMG_2293.jpeg
Was a little noisy after installing oil pump and timing chain so when it quieted up at 200 miles I did another oil change then flushed with trans fluid for a Mercedes I don’t have and then oil.I bought a can cutter. This is so far I will unroll it later.To me it’s swimming in metal but it’s the first can I’ve opened

Yeah, if you're seeing metal I'm sure it was ready to swap it all out. Nice job! I will say that the oil filter itself looks wonderful. What brand is that filter?

Would like to know if a Mann or Bosch is made different since the Wix is $5 cheaper then Mann,will order one because I want to change the filter and leave the oil in for a while. 2 pack of Mann only $23

Last edited:
Would like to know if a Mann or Bosch is made different since the Wix is $5 cheaper then Mann,will order one because I want to change the filter and leave the oil in for a while. 2 pack of Mann only $23
First glimpse would be to look at the COO (country of origin) on those others if you can. Bosch uses some Purolators. I'd check around since you have a good bit of options with M&H. Other option is going into an automotive parts store to ask & see those filters. That Germany made WIX looks excellent though.

First glimpse would be to look at the COO (country of origin) on those others if you can. Bosch uses some Purolators. I'd check around since you have a good bit of options with M&H. Other option is going into an automotive parts store to ask & see those filters. That Germany made WIX looks excellent though.
All three are Mann ram5.7 and Audi the ram says USA the other two say Germany
IMG_2306.jpeg

Nice work, Do you happen to know what the Purolator equivalent part# is for the Audi. I've seen them be the same filter. What you can do is search up Purolator's part number for it & do an internet part# image search. Like I say sometimes Puro is the same filter sourced from M&H but may be even cheaper for you to buy. Just another option to scope out if you'd like to. The Wix/Mann do look exactly the same.

Nice work, Do you happen to know what the Purolator equivalent part# is for the Audi. I've seen them be the same filter. What you can do is search up Purolator's part number for it & do an internet part# image search. Like I say sometimes Puro is the same filter sourced from M&H but may be even cheaper for you to buy. Just another option to scope out if you'd like to. The Wix/Mann do look exactly the same.
Wish I knew the efficiency difference since what makes it through the strainer is big enough to harm
IMG_2521.jpeg
says puro. Is USA
IMG_2309.jpg

The fact they didn't paint the One blue, in the pic above, tells me they are sourcing it from the same Germany Mann factory. If Mann is your OEM oil filter the cool thing about getting Purolator to share their sheet on the Classic tells you what the OEM efficiencies are. Any parts stores that carry this filter could help you to check COO on it first though.

look familiar? :)
Purolator will email you a specification sheet about efficiencies too. I'd grab the L35895 while you're at it since both the Classic & PL35895 One look exactly the same.
View attachment 204453
Weird the boss and the regular puro claim different origins.Doesn’t seem right except that the Wix ram filter also says USA. The puro tech told me the boss is the only one of the 4 filters offered that is 40 micron and designed for synthetic oil. The others are 20 to 30 m

IMG_2310.jpg

You're just seeing what I've found out over the last year. That Purolator sources their filters from Mann Germany on some models & particularly European oil filters that I've seen so far.

You're just seeing what I've found out over the last year. That Purolator sources their filters from Mann Germany on some models & particularly European oil filters that I've seen so far.
They did mention that although they stated countries of origin they can be from anywhere. But didn’t say anything about using Mann hummel even though I asked,but now I have to do some research on manns micron ratings

They did mention that although they stated countries of origin they can be from anywhere. But didn’t say anything about using Mann hummel even though I asked,but now I have to do some research on manns micron ratings
That's what the Spec sheet for L35895 will tell you. It will tell you what that Mann filter's efficiency is b/c it's the same exact filter. 😄

That's what the Spec sheet for L35895 will tell you. It will tell you what that Mann filter's efficiency is b/c it's the same exact filter. 😄
I still am waiting for Mann to email me since tech at puro gave me three different ratings.For the same engine. I hope you’re right because I’m stocked with everything but purolator

Be ready for most likely a shock in the efficiency department based on other Spec Sheets seen ... 😄

Last edited:
Well any info from Mann is a circle . So after I changed the oil 200 miles after experiencing new oil pump making noise. I did a filter only change after 300 miles here’s the filters cut open the darker is the first change. I’m satisfied and waiting the full 2500 miles I usually do. And I changed from the last two Wix to an actual Mann. Will look forward to seeing if the internals are the same.
IMG_2412.jpeg
IMG_2411.jpeg
IMG_2410.jpeg

Back