At what mileage for a new vehicle/fuel system cleaner?

Like post stated, for my new Rav4 Hybrid in Signature. Been using regular 87 octane from either Shell or Sunoco. My other vehicles, every 3000 miles is my standard.

Never!. I have taken multiple cars to over 200k without it. As long as you are NOT buying cheap gas from a station with old inground tanks. Dropped the gas tanks on 2 cars with about 150-175k to replace fuel pumps. Tanks were surgically clean.

Waste of money. They are pretty much part marketing hype and part oldtimers who grew up with carbureted cars and open fuel systems where it helped back then and thinking they need it now. Don't see why people think 3,000 mile oil changes are a waste of money yet this product isn't.

Never!. I have taken multiple cars to over 200k without it. As long as you are NOT buying cheap gas from a station with old inground tanks. Dropped the gas tanks on 2 cars with about 150-175k to replace fuel pumps. Tanks were surgically clean.
I kind of want to see inside the tank of my 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass. I know I had to replace the tank in my original Cutlass (due to rust/leaking) but I can't remember if I had to on this one or not. It hasn't seen winter/salt in many years (I bought it around 2004). It could be a newer tank, but in this case newer would be 1990s instead of 1980s. I have had a couple of carb repairs/carb swaps since 2004, due to ethanol in the gas (no need for you ethanol defenders to input - the proof is out there, your personal experience doesn't offset all the damage done from ethanol to all kinds of equipment).

Like post stated, for my new Rav4 Hybrid in Signature. Been using regular 87 octane from either Shell or Sunoco. My other vehicles, every 3000 miles is my standard.
how much hybrid battery driving you do? if you're running through tanks of gas you could run a fuel treatment every other oil change or. I worked with a lady that wouldn't fuel up for sometimes 2 months that's why I ask how much hybrid driving you do. I had recommended to her to either keep the tank as full as possible or use a fuel treatment maybe I have old school methods but I was always told you're more prone to condensation in the tank when half full and under. yes top tier fuel definitely helps I don't find it to break the bank running a bottle of fuel treatment once in a while if it helps so be it I never seen harm in it and I sleep better.

Like post stated, for my new Rav4 Hybrid in Signature.
I put Hybrid in Bold because that's important here especially if your using Electric most of the time . How about a Fuel Stabilizer or even 0 Ethanol Gas .

Last edited:
Not needed at only 1k miles. Just continue using Top Tier gas.

Maybe at higher mileage you can throw in a bottle to get some warm and fuzzies from the boosted PEA.

I put Hybrid in Bold because that's important here especially if your using Electric most of the time . How about a Fuel Stabilizer or even 0 Ethanol Gas .
if you can find E0.... in my area everything is E10.

Casey's Did sell 91 E0 when they first came to the area, but about 2 years ago, they replaced it with 93 E10.

they have 91 E10 (marked Premium) for the same price everyone else in the area sells 93 E10; and at an additional 15cents/gal, 93 E10( marked Super Premium)

Well, for those who bought used cars and don't know it's fuel usage history maybe its a good idea?

I'm sure most modern gas stations and even non-top tier gas will keep your tank clean but I don't see how it would hurt besides your wallet.

I picked up a few bottles injector cleaner for $2 each at AutoZone so who cares financially but for my 180k mile Scion (2.4l Toyota) I put a bottle in once a year or so.

Last edited:
Use Chevron gasoline and you won't need additional additives.
The same goes for any Top Tier fuel. It should be noted that, while Chevron has a wide distribution, it's available in less than half the states.

If running top tier then maybe every 25k? Who knows what works & what don't. Watch some YT to see if you can find some testing.

if you can find E0.... in my area everything is E10.

Casey's Did sell 91 E0 when they first came to the area, but about 2 years ago, they replaced it with 93 E10.

they have 91 E10 (marked Premium) for the same price everyone else in the area sells 93 E10; and at an additional 15cents/gal, 93 E10( marked Super Premium)
Did you check here >>>>>>>> https://www.pure-gas.org/

Back