Are you tire brand loyal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to go with Michelin on my cars and BFG on the Jeep. I put Vredesteins on the Clubman primarily because they were highly rated and Michelin did not make an equivalent tire in that size.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: digitalSniperX1
Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

Had them, they were greatest just before the intro of the Pilot Super Sport 4S. As good as Pss's were the 4S whips them in every way. Even supposed to wear better!

Only have about a thousand miles on them but wow is the best word to describe them.

Will put them on Tiguan next year. I use winters anyway. But considering my experience PSS, I really wanna try 4S.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I stay away from cheap Chinese brands, but other than that, not really.
Basically the same here. I do admire Michelin the most, so I guess I do have some brand loyalty. Michelin appears to apply good engineering (innovation) and quality control more consistently overall.

Originally Posted By: Stewie
Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
As long as it's made in USA, I'm good.
I don't think there is any...
There are. Check TireRack.com and look at "specs" to see where they are made. My Michelin Energy Saver A/S 225/50R17 tires are U.S. made. Others https://www.utires.com/articles/tires-made-usa-american-foreign-brands/

I wouldn't say I'm terribly loyal, but I've had great luck with GT Radial and Nokian. And i learned my lesson by buying Hankook snow tires.

I was Michelin only for some years. Now none of the 4 vehicles have Michelin.
My current DD had fresh Fuzion tires put on just for the sale. I had them taken off after a few days and that wasn't soon enough.
Been happy with Continental & Yokohama currently on the vehicles.

I'm not brand loyal, but I won't purchase unknowns - I've done many a track day where certain model of tyres do not perform, when similar from other brands are fine (and this is something that changes with time). Some of the issues were premature failure, some of them were dangerous handling traits.
Also when you look at model/brand specific communities you often find there are certain sets of tyres that perform well with certain cars and some tyres that are known to not perform well with certain cars. So when I've observed a certain car having issues with its tyres on a track, I've not assumed those same tyres will be bad on my car, but I use as a point of reference to research if there is a general issue with those tyres of just specific to that car (or car setup).

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
We would switch in a minute when someone offered an E rated truck tire at a better quality/price.

Ever tried a Bridgestone Duravis?

After watching every set of bridge-stones that come factory on our trucks wear out in 20k miles I would be extremely unlikely to even consider them.

The Duravis is basically a scaled-down class 8 truck tire, I recall all-steel construction and fully retreadable. It might go 80K.

Ive really enjoyed this current set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+, so for now I'm sold on Michelin. My wifes car has only had Continental. Cant really go wrong with either brand IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back