Are Marlins a good gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to ****'s to look at the Marlin. I liked the feel but sitting next to it on the shelf was a Mossberg Patriot 30-06 w/scope for a little under $500. The Marlin was almost $700 without a scope.

So I bought the Mossberg! I'm planning on heading to the range today to sight it in at 100 yds.

Found out that it was manufactured right here in Texas!

I'll post a review on my first shoot w/pics later...

Thanks for all the inputs!

Originally Posted By: 2cool
Now the best lever PCC is a Henry Big Boy Steel.

Past the shiny brass receiver and silky-smooth lever, my opinion of Henrys goes down pretty quickly.

I'll take a Marlin 94 or a rough, notchy 92 from anyone over a Henry.

Originally Posted By: bunnspecial
Past the shiny brass receiver and silky-smooth lever, my opinion of Henrys goes down pretty quickly. I'll take a Marlin 94 or a rough, notchy 92 from anyone over a Henry.

I'm the same way. I just can't take that huge, oversized loading tube in place of a loading port. And the painted receivers make the whole thing look like a giant, mutant BB gun.

I'm not wowed by the tube magazine, but the Big Boy Steel that I have isn't painted. The finish is matte black. The wood is VERY well fitted and beautiful. The action is a product-improved Marlin 336. Much better than REP Marlin. No hitches after 200 rounds. More money than most, but you get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back