Anything better than a CX5 out there, yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus my $7500 tax credit. Admittedly, it was whittled to $6500ish because I owed $1K for the year. How this happens when you claim S/0 all year, I don't know, but whatever. Super cool how some brands hold or even build value, huh? And then there's Chrysler...I could put over 50% down what you paid for your Challenger with what I MADE from owning this for a few months. Coolio! So yeah, what buyer's remorse do you think I have? How much? It just gave me a down payment on the next thing, is all.
View attachment 89394
Yeah, sure...whatever you say.

I'm not sure if "clock punching ilk" was meant to be derogatory. I mean, don't really nice cars cost more like six figures, if you really want something nice and capable? Otherwise it's being built to a price point and has compromises.

In a sense, they're all the same--even as you go to uber-stupid in price. 4 tires, 4 doors, point A meet point B. Obsessing over best misses the forest for the trees.
Umm... no. Some SUV's handle like a pig on stilts. Some have loud, buzzy engines or CVT's. Some have a lot of road noise. Some have poorly designed interiors and/or uncomfortable seats. Some have poor records of reliability or get much lower fuel economy than others in their class. Some have less usable cargo space than others or more cramped interiors or less headroom.
Others excel when compared in the categories that matter to drivers and owners and when compared by price.

Cars are not like students in woke schools. When comparing models in the same "class" some get A's, B's or C's. Some get a big fat F.
None get a gold star just for participating.

Umm... no. Some SUV's handle like a pig on stilts. Some have loud, buzzy engines or CVT's. Some have a lot of road noise. Some have poorly designed interiors and/or uncomfortable seats. Some have poor records of reliability or get much lower fuel economy than others in their class. Some have less usable cargo space than others or more cramped interiors or less headroom.
Others excel when compared in the categories that matter to drivers and owners and when compared by price.

Cars are not like students in woke schools. When comparing models in the same "class" some get A's, B's or C's. Some get a big fat F.
None get a gold star just for participating.
Then one cannot say “all cars are good today.” Which is a common refrain here.

Each particular driver will have their own impressions of what is better handling, design, comfort etc. Some don’t want a large cargo area. It all depends on how a car fits you and your particular needs.

You have a misunderstanding. I am using "then" as a conditional based on events/occurances rooted in time (simultaneous/conditional upon each other).

Ex: If...then.

Rephrased; "Then it is good that...".

These two---"then" and "than"---are easily confused and misused, but I am precise in both my usage and intent in this instance.

No one that I know says; "It's good that I don't do that, than." Excepting yourself, perhaps?

If you're going to police the grammar, you must know its laws, then, no?

I'm at the 70k mile mark where I sometimes trade. Is there anything bette

You have a misunderstanding. I am using "then" as a conditional based on events/occurances rooted in time (simultaneous/conditional upon each other).

Ex: If...then.

Rephrased; "Then it is good that...".

These two---"then" and "than"---are easily confused and misused, but I am precise in both my usage and intent in this instance.

No one that I know says; "It's good that I don't do that, than." Excepting yourself, perhaps?

If you're going to police the grammar, you must know its laws, then, no?
I agree, then sounds correct to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back