Anything better than a CX5 out there, yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ws6

I'm at the 70k mile mark where I sometimes trade. Is there anything better than my cx5 being made for under $45k?

0-60 in 5.7s
#1 car company for reliability, and it's been great!
27mpg average so far.
Awesome AWD.
Not a single creak or rattle even on rutted gravel roads after nearly 70k miles.
Cooled and heated seats, HUD, etc.

Anything out there similarly equipped that performs better and is similarly bulletproof for similar cost that gets 25mpg or better? If not I'll probably just pay off and keep the cx5.

Cars I've already eschewed: q5, x3, stelvio, glc300, rav4, rdx a spec
69763356_10100196894585071_2767389437611474944_n.jpg

Better depends on your criteria

When choosing among domestics, and the Vw Tiguan, Sportage, Tucson, Rav4, Cx5, Rogue, Outlanders, Forester, we didn't pick the CX5.

I could tell you that we didn't want a hybrid, a cvt, turbo lag, a confused 8-speeds, dct in daily traffic .... and picked the remaining naturally aspirated big four with simple 6-speed auto. The 2.0t-2.5t engines were guzzlers. AWD added to guzzling. Did care for "this oil/ATF only that couldn't be bought anywhere". The 6a was a close 2nd. And, surprisingly, the Mazda dealer was the easiest to deal with, decent discount, no added profit sticker... She didn't care for a few things on the CX5 and picked the Sportage. For $45k, we could get 2 of them.

Yes. I would get a Honda pickup car with that budget. When used car prices mitigate in the next year or so the Honda will command significantly higher resale than a mazda. If it's has to be a compact SUV then I would go toward Toyota. Mazda is around Nissan's level for consumer desirability, subaru is fast reaching that lower tier of opinion. The Honda/Toyota still have consumer sentiment, deserved or not.

Reactions: Ws6
Yes. I would get a Honda pickup car with that budget. When used car prices mitigate in the next year or so the Honda will command significantly higher resale than a mazda. If it's has to be a compact SUV then I would go toward Toyota. Mazda is around Nissan's level for consumer desirability, subaru is fast reaching that lower tier of opinion. The Honda/Toyota still have consumer sentiment, deserved or not.
This is more about me than others later, regarding cost vs joy and ownership experience

Not sure if it's "better" but you said you liked the looks of the new trailblazer 😁
I really like it, too! The new RS in black or red looks really good to me! Thing is, it's a GM (reliability...), and it's slower, and gets abysmal mpg, so I can't say it would excite me. It's also like $50K new, which is mind boggling to me. It does post some decent handling specs for what it is, but that's not enough to bail it out of being slower and having horrible MPG.

Mazda is probably one of the most under rated cars made. I can understand why they’re not sales leaders. They’re well built, reliable as the sun and a lot of fun to drive.
Plus, in a sea of small SUVs, they’re good looking.
Keep it or get a new one!

It won't convince you otherwise, so I don't know why I'm even bothering to reply...

But I was not impressed by the CX-5. I don't care what the automotive "press" has to say.

I really like it, too! The new RS in black or red looks really good to me! Thing is, it's a GM (reliability...), and it's slower, and gets abysmal mpg, so I can't say it would excite me. It's also like $50K new, which is mind boggling to me. It does post some decent handling specs for what it is, but that's not enough to bail it out of being slower and having horrible MPG.

Yeah I'm not a GM person myself but style wise, I can't get excited for Dodge, except for their Challenger. Nissan?! Ford,the only thing I care for is the mustang and the new Bronco. There's just not much out there that's too exciting IMO.

Reactions: Ws6
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back