Anyone use or have experience with pento high performance 5w-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching his videos or video would help immensely. He shows an tells you what and how he does it

That they are easy to understand for Average Joe does not make them meaningful or in any way relevant. Did you watch the Porsche testing video I posted earlier and read the sequence? That's valuable testing.

For the same reason we don't judge tire performance by sending some bloke off the street down the side of a mountain in a ghetto jalopy, we don't measure oil performance using "test rigs". It is measured using engine tests, that, for what should be obvious reasons, gives a much better qualification of performance. That you can't run that test at home in your garage isn't important.

I posted a video comparing motor oil in a, seems fair test. What each oil was tested on and how was done acr the board. The results also were easy to understand and easy to understand how a ranking.
Please provide us with videos and or written information, that does a more fair and accurate comparison of multiple synthetic oils, that does not take combined degrees in law, mechanical engineering, chemistry and physics... to understand and come away with a ranking.
thank you.

The tests relavant for what he tests for, I guess. They aren't really relevant for use as motor oil. He should test to see which tastes best on a green salad perhaps?

Also lol at asking for evidence to the contrary in the most dumbed down manner possible

I see a few people on here claiming the video I posted of Project farm and his oil testing is a useless farce and jabbing at me. Not a single one has posted a better video. I searched google for the mystery Porsche a40 test, and I searched OVERKILL postings. I found nothing with DUCK DUCK GO search. I found a 3 min. Or so short video from 2013 that I did not watch. I think most of the oil companies have changed their formulation since eight years ago. If I am wrong how often do the companies change their formulation that the average consumer buys in wallyworld or the local NAPA, ADVANCE AUTO, AUTOZONE...

Last edited:
I see a few people on here claiming the video I posted of Project farm and his oil testing is a useless farce and jabbing at me. Not a single one has posted a better video. I searched google for the mystery Porsche a40 test, and I searched OVERKILL postings. I found nothing with DUCK DUCK GO search. I found a 3 min. Or so short video from 2013 that I did not watch. I think most of the oil companies have changed their formulation since eight years ago. If I am wrong how often do the companies change their formulation that the average consumer buys in wallyworld or the local NAPA, ADVANCE AUTO, AUTOZONE..
One of my students (graduate school of all things) once asked to explain to her like she is in kindergarten, why DoD budget is $750 billion.
i said that she is adult, not in kindergarten, and that we need to re-examine who we admit to program.
You remind me of her.
In this forum you have hundreds topics where you can find out all about these approvals. Many people here worked in industry. Take your time, research. Stay away from oil championships.

I see a few people on here claiming the video I posted of Project farm and his oil testing is a useless farce and jabbing at me. Not a single one has posted a better video. I searched google for the mystery Porsche a40 test, and I searched OVERKILL postings. I found nothing with DUCK DUCK GO search. I found a 3 min. Or so short video from 2013 that I did not watch. I think most of the oil companies have changed their formulation since eight years ago. If I am wrong how often do the companies change their formulation that the average consumer buys in wallyworld or the local NAPA, ADVANCE AUTO, AUTOZONE...

It has been answered already by everyone else. Do the research on the testing the oils go through to pass certifications. Those tests are far more demanding and are done under strict lab controls vs some guy on YT making $$ on clicks.

One of my students (graduate school of all things) once asked to explain to her like she is in kindergarten, why DoD budget is $750 billion.
i said that she is adult, not in kindergarten, and that we need to re-examine who we admit to program.
You remind me of her.
In this forum you have hundreds topics where you can find out all about these approvals. Many people here worked in industry. Take your time, research. Stay away from oil championships.
Maybe project farm can stick with videos on, uh … farms? … I think PVL is well in hand …

Mtnbiker, some of the most knowledgeable, long time members of this board have been trying to explain why the silly, amateurish "tests" done by Project Farm are totally useless and irrelevant, yet you continue to defend Project Farm, argue with them and ask for better videos of tests ranking oils. As has been said already, the same Project Farm video has been posted here numerous times and each time it has been roundly criticized by very knowledgeable members and shown to be completely worthless. You didn't discover some previously unknown source of valuable data, you just made the same mistake numerous others have made by believing they are valid tests and that you were contributing something useful to the board.

If you're serious about seeing how oils are tested then you should download and read API 1509, it's a document outlining all of the tests required by the American Petroleum Institute that an oil has to pass before it can display the API donut on the containers.

Not a single one has posted a better video.
Maybe due to the fact that oil blenders, engine manufacturers, additive companies and all of the motor oil professionals don’t run their tests in order to get YouTube clicks and views, but to establish the performance of the oil itself so you - and all of us for that matter - don’t lose sleep worrying about the engine blowing up and instead spend our time watching useless “Oil Championships” online.

I posted the Nurburgring Porsche simulation video, which is just one part of A40, which I detailed the specifics of in a reply to you already. Watch the video, read the sequence, comprehend the subject matter. I can explain this stuff to you but I can't understand it for you.

Last edited:
Just so you know, edyvw and everyone else on here have seen his videos tens if not hundreds of times. What you're posting is nether new nor is it anything revelatory, if you did some searching like I suggested you'd see what I mean. PF isn't the only one pushing this useless test for motor oil either, just one of several.
Nates interactive auto is the worse. The way he talks is just awful.

And you did not provide ANY VIDEO, not one or INFORMATION, so we see that you are good at talking crap, Simple as that.
I took the time to watch and provide information of a cite that people can enjoy and get some information along with a video, for people to easily view. I watched the video of a engine running that I think OVERKILL was nice enough to provide. But how does watching and hearing a engine run with no information about oil or oils used, no virgin or used oil analysis, seemingly No information! Unless someone removed the specificactions of the test the theory and conclusions, etc. the video seems to only waste the viewers time!! Seems that some can only say and do, negative things. Nothing to help the community. Just like the politicians, a waste of skin, and a lot of them traitors, and necrotizing to boot. Good da to you.
As I was implying with my post, and obviously you could not figure out, research on your own. It is not kindergarten. You can find pretty much everything here posted by these same members. I still did not get an answer who gets what in that championship?

I took the time to watch and provide information of a cite that people can enjoy and get some information along with a video, for people to easily view. I watched the video of a engine running that I think OVERKILL was nice enough to provide. But how does watching and hearing a engine run with no information about oil or oils used, no virgin or used oil analysis, seemingly No information! Unless someone removed the specificactions of the test the theory and conclusions, etc. the video seems to only waste the viewers time!! Also the video is from 2008. So even if it did provide a one line of information would it not be outdated?

No, the test is not outdated. Did you read the sequence details I provided above the video? That test, which simulated lapping of the Nurburging race track, is run for a much longer period than the video shows, the video is just designed to give you a sample as to what that test involves as the full test is VERY long in length.

After that test, and the other parts of the protocol noted are run, as it states, the engine is torn down and inspected. Measurements are made for wear and the fluid is sampled along to way to determine it remains within spec under these conditions. This determines, directly, the actual anti-wear, deposit control capabilities, oxidation resistance, shear resistance...etc. All extremely important aspects of the oil and its performance. A UOA doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of this level of detail as to oil performance, which is why manufacturers do controlled testing in real engines followed by tear-downs with measurements. A UOA can tell you how safely you are able to run an oil and alert to you to abnormal wear, air filtration issues, contamination from coolant or other sources...etc. It's not designed as a tool to judge wear performance, that's why tear-down testing is done and why protocols like A40 were developed.

Now, A40 isn't the only extensive testing protocol, there are others, but I included A40 because Porsche had that Nurburgring lap simulation video available and you were asking for videos.

Oil testing and validation isn't a sexy subject. It's a very time consuming and boring task that takes a LOT of time. Many of these sequences are hundreds of hours in length and then there's the requisite tear-down and analysis which takes considerable time on top of that. One oil with a great deal of approvals may have thousands of hours of testing and validation into it, there's no way to put that into a flashy little video that properly conveys the nature of that testing.

Just as one wouldn't consider they've learned extensive and incredibly valuable information on World War II history from watching "Fury", the same goes for amateurs trolling for clicks on Youtube by providing entertainment. The goal is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back