Anyone Use Identifix For Access To FSM Procedures

I have been looking online for a FSM for a 2020 Nissan Armada. Kind of hard to find.
I came across a subscription based product called Identifix. I am not a fan of subscriptions and would rather just buy a manual, but as I said I am having troubles finding one. Mostly looking for torque specs, fluid specs and service procedures for maintenance.
All started with what I would think was a simple procedure to change transmission fluid and filter, but apparently it is not that straight forward with this vehicle. Lots of google searching and only a few results. and only for changing the fluid.
Just looking for feedback if the content of this subscription based product is good or not and if anyone has had any troubles with the company or the automatic billing or cancelation.

Identifix (I last used it 10 years ago, though) was great for many reasons. You could find info like you’re looking for. You could get recall and TSBs. You also get to see mechanics posting certain problems and others chiming in on what their fix for the same/similar symptoms…it’ll say 600 mechanics fixed this ——- by doing this ——, 250 fixed the same thing by doing ———, 20 found this ———to be the fix, etc.

Identifix also had tech advisors who’d lend some hand, specifically lay out some tests they’d recommend for something like a fault code or electrical problem.

I never paid for it as I always had access through a shop, but I always thought it was great.

I found the Chilton manual on line using my local library which is a free service. I can also go in person and use the ALLDATA resources while in the library for free. Checking the Chilton manual for your 2020 Armada there are some maintenance procedures, wire diagrams, recalls and TSB's listed, the fluid specifications, etc.

I found the Chilton manual on line using my local library which is a free service. I can also go in person and use the ALLDATA resources while in the library for free. Checking the Chilton manual for your 2020 Armada there are some maintenance procedures, wire diagrams, recalls and TSB's listed, the fluid specifications, etc.
I use that from the library the next city over, it’s not spectacular but in many cases its better than nothing at all - the labor guide is a useful tool to see the “pain” of a repair.

Identifix (I last used it 10 years ago, though) was great for many reasons. You could find info like you’re looking for. You could get recall and TSBs. You also get to see mechanics posting certain problems and others chiming in on what their fix for the same/similar symptoms…it’ll say 600 mechanics fixed this ——- by doing this ——, 250 fixed the same thing by doing ———, 20 found this ———to be the fix, etc.

Identifix also had tech advisors who’d lend some hand, specifically lay out some tests they’d recommend for something like a fault code or electrical problem.

I never paid for it as I always had access through a shop, but I always thought it was great.
Sounds like a good resource from what I have researched. Looks perfect for full time or even small professional mechanic. Might be worth the 20.00 per month for 1 vehicle...although I do have several vehicles. I would love it if I could "cycle" the subscription on an as-needed basis. I would gladly pay 20.00 to troubleshoot a problem when I have a problem, and not have to pay for the months in between problems.
The other thing is I have a pretty comprehensive extended warranty on the Nissan, so for now, I am mostly looking for service procedures and specs.

It has been so long since I used a library. I did not even know they have on-line librarys. Did you see a Chilton manual for a 2020 Armada? I looked online and at Chilton's site and couldn't find it. I found a FSM on e-bay for a 2017/2018 Armada.
I will have to check for a local library

They don’t print factory service manuals anymore; everything’s online. Alldata DIY is your best way to access OEM procedures for 1 car.

It has been so long since I used a library. I did not even know they have on-line librarys. Did you see a Chilton manual for a 2020 Armada? I looked online and at Chilton's site and couldn't find it. I found a FSM on e-bay for a 2017/2018 Armada.
I will have to check for a local library
nissan.JPG

From the online home resources at my local library. They used to have ALLDATA for in library use also but I haven't used that for a few years. This Chilton information for the 2020 Nissan also has some wire diagrams, recalls and bulletins,

Last edited:
Back