Anybody use Alldata for Mercedes wiring diagrams?

I use the Mercedes WIS (Workshop Information System) factory repair manuals but they are difficult and frustrating to navigate through, especially for wiring diagrams. I have a 2007 S550 with faults in the electric parking brake, distronic cruise control, airmatic air suspension, sunroof, inop left mirror, inop fog lights and marker lights, inop horn, etc.

Thought I start with the simple stuff, the horn that doesn't work. Trying to find the wiring diagram is frustrating at best. Watching some Pine Hollow A.D. videos which shows him always using Alldata and their "redrawn" wiring diagrams. What does that mean, redrawn? I see Alldata has a 30 day single car plan for access to their site at $20. Has anyone tried that with Mercedes and found it useful?

Before you pay money can you get something similar through your local library's user-section of their website?

The redrawn diagrams attempt to present everything related to one system on one page. For example when troubleshooting the horn, one of the diagrams will show the all the wires and components relating a power source and the horn button and the horn more or less in a straight line without flipping pages and without a lot of unrelated wiring.

Before you pay money can you get something similar through your local library's user-section of their website?
Spending $20 for the convenience of having the manual at home on my computer and not having to make 10 trips a day to the library to look at another diagram or procedure would be worth it.

I use both Alldata and Prodemand - alldata is not as European helpful as Prodemand but you will still find the type of info you need.

In the mean time try this - it's free:

Here is the EPB

Reactions: wtd
I have not used Alldata on a Mercedes but do have subscriptions for several of my vehicles. I do the yearly subscription and have always been able to find a discount code. Alldata also sends me discount codes occasionally. I use both the OEM wiring diagrams and the re-drawn ones. I like the re-drawn because they are interactive and if you click on the circuit, it will highlight itself and you can easily follow everywhere it goes. The OEM diagrams sometimes have better information, so I usually look at both.

Back