Anyone still eat breakfast anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CR94
Of course! Usually
90g rolled oats+
10 fluid ounces chocolate milk+
4 fl. oz. orange juice.

That is the worst oatmeal recipie that I have ever seen.
grin.gif

Here is my usual:

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup of milk or half&half
1/2 cup of water
pinch of salt

Microwave for 1:30, or until just hot (I like my oats crunchy)

1 tbsp p-nut butter
1 tsp honey
a [censored] ton of cinnamon

On workdays I have quick oats with raisins and then have two scrambled eggs in a tortilla shell about an hour later. Along with black coffee.

I usually eat either a protein bar (Clif) or an almond/coconut milk shake I make, containing the following, all ground together in a MagicBullet:

Chocolate, organic, plant-based protein powder (it's not as bad as it sounds!)
Steel-cut oats
Flax seed meal
Chia seeds

I usually mix water in with it, even though the unsweetened almond/coconut milk is only 40 cal/serving, because all of the ingredients lend a lot of flavor and texture. JUST water doesn't nearly as good, though.

Always. While I'm at home:

Coffee, 2 scrambled or hard boiled eggs, two pieces of turkey bacon and wheat toasts with homemade jam or oatmeal, whatever my mini me wants.

Out on my trips:

Coffee, scrambled eggs, toast, bacon. Again or oatmeal with cinnamon.

I am completely shocked how healthy you still eat.

I have a fried or scrambled egg, cheese, with a quarter piece of Turkey sausage, 6oz oj water down, toast.

I always eat breakfast, as long as it's lunch
smile.gif

I just don't like most breakfast foods other than McGriddles; fruit is OK and doughnuts obviously. I'm over the whole eggs thing... I will eat pancakes and bacon though but never have the time except on weekends.

I don't miss breakfast. Eggs, canadian bacon, hash browns, and veggies rolled up in a low carb tortilla. Same thing every morning.

I always have a bowl of cheerios and a banana during the week or any fruit that is on the verge of going bad. On the weekends we eat a BIG breakfast with bacon or sausage , French toast or pancakes and eggs on Sat and just get by with whatever on Sunday. Been that way for a long time but I cant function without food within a few hours of waking. We are also up by 6 am regardless of the day. I wish I could sleep in like I used to but that's another post.

When I go to bed at 9:30 pm or so I can't wait to wake up for breakfast, especially the strong French Roast coffee. I also have three eggs and a breakfast burrito.

Originally Posted By: Bud
I don't miss breakfast. Eggs, canadian bacon, hash browns, and veggies rolled up in a low carb tortilla. Same thing every morning.

Good thing it's a low carb tortilla.
crazy.gif

Steel cut oats with raisins or pecans and coffee on workdays, different things that require cooking on weekends.

I hate brunch. Brunch means you get cheated out of a meal.

During the week, I almost never eat breakfast. Weekends, almost always. Everything from a bowl of Oatmeal, to cheese toast, to bacon and eggs. My wife and I like to eat breakfast out occasionally on the weekends as well. Love a mom and pop restaurant for breakfast.

Typical first meal of the day for me is plain granola with either walnuts or pecans added by me along with fresh berries and 2% milk. Occasionally splurge on something like pancakes or waffles with bacon or loaded up breakfast tacos that include carne guisada.

I skipped breakfast many of my working years.

Last edited:
Neighbors chickens egg scambled, 1 frozen Jones link, avocado, jalapeño, on flour tortilla with Vermont cheddar.

I work from home.

Sometimes whole milk plain yogurt with my wife’s bees honey she raises swirled on top.

I used to be the hungeriest breakfast lovingest counting the minutes to every meal type of guy. I quit grains/sugar and now I'm never hungery, feel great and am down 28lbs so far. I didn't realize I was killing myself for 40 years, I'm not recommending it for anyone else though. The Dr and Gov recommended diet was dead wrong for my body. So no breakfast for me anymore, just lunch and dinner.

Every morning, usually oat meal. Then on Saturday the best egg omelet known to man. I make it a point to have breakfast with my father, he makes one fine potato and egg omelet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back