Anyone seen any 0% financing offered on used vehicles?

Originally Posted by twouvakind
As of 2020/05/21 | Location: Auffenberg Volkswagen O'Fallon, IL 62269
Finance this vehicle today!
0% APR* For 60 months on select Volkswagen Certified Pre-Owned models.* - Offer ends June 30, 2020

Yep... go buy an oil burner that VW had to buy back and "fix"... and then get VW to pay for your financing!

Use the money saved from the 0% financing to change all of the fluids and filters, and go through the brakes, because it was parked for two years.

Win!

Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by 02SE
It's easy to pay 0% financing on a used car. Just make one payment.

Unfortunately, not many people can afford to do this...

Nevertheless, it IS a way to pay 0% in financing...

Not really, this isn't financing...

Not really, this isn't financing...

But you are paying 0% in financing...

I'll happily sell someone a car for $10k, that I pay $5k for, and carry the note for 0% for a few years. That's what happens with new cars: Manufacturers sell the car to their captive ‘bank' for less than you pay the dealer. Regardless whether it's structured between the manufacturer and their bank as pre-capitalized interest, a fee of some sort, or a multi-way series of transactions, the reality of what's happening is that you're paying quite a bit more for the car than the the manufacturer (+ dealer) is actually getting.

Not really, this isn't financing...[/quote]

But you are paying 0% in financing...[/quote]
Your comments are not applicable. What does paying cash have to do with financing? If I could afford to pay cash I wouldn't be asking about financing...

Originally Posted by cjcride
If you miss a payment they Repo the vehicle

What are you talking about? Nobody repos a vehicle after missing one payment, regardless of the interest rate...

I didn't make it clear enough. My mistake.

The financing definition hinges more on promised payments. Not so much the interest rate.
Yet a wise old Gramma told me once in no uncertain terms "Nothings Free"

Last edited:
I was just reminded of this thread as I was casually surfing the local dealer. Link At least a few 0% APR's. I haven't bothered to look to see if they qualify as "deals" so I wouldn't argue that it's but a sales tactic

Just happened to check the toyota certified used website and toyota now offers 0% on some cpo models

Back