Anyone compare CAT Power Stations/Battery Jumpers from Costco?

I’ve have this CAT #CJ1000DXT Power Station for the past few years and it’s been great, but definitely bulky and heavy. I wonder how it compares in performance to the newer CAT Lithium Power Station #PPSCL3 from Costco. Physically it is tiny and very lightweight in comparison.

Old model
IMG_0127.jpeg

IMG_0130.jpeg

New Lithium Model
IMG_3603.jpeg

IMG_8381.jpeg

The reviews are not very encouraging. Nice try, a real need, but needs refinement. Lithium can't do everything.

No internal power supply or AC cord, a USB cable takes 8 hours.

Out of curiosity, since there is never a meaningful spec for the inverters of these types, could you measure a 100 watt light bulb in minutes or hours? On a fully charged battery? Yes 200 watts is the spec but for how long?

Last edited:
One poster on the following Reddit thread claims the sticker on the side of the lithium version shows a capacity of 3.7 amp hours at 11.1V, which works out to 41 watt hours.

As for the one you have already, a separate thread claims it has a 12V, 19 amp hour battery, which works out to 228 amp hours. Given that it's lead acid, discharging below 50% isn't ideal for battery longevity - so you get about 114 usable amp hours.

All of that to say, the one you have - if it still has the capacity it did new - gives you about triple the energy storage vs. the lithium version. So, the lithium wins for portability, and its claimed peak output is higher when used as a jump starter. The older one should let you supply power to devices for about three times as long.

I received a DeWalt DXAEJ14 power station as a Christmas gift from my FIL. It's been a great portable charger and air compressor, highly recommended. It holds a charge for several months even without use and can still jump start a 12V battery (granted, on a mower) as well as air up several tires.

As for the one you have already, a separate thread claims it has a 12V, 19 amp hour battery, which works out to 228 amp watt hours. Given that it's lead acid, discharging below 50% isn't ideal for battery longevity - so you get about 114 usable amp hours.

Just re-read my post and realized I messed up the units in the portion quoted here.

One poster on the following Reddit thread claims the sticker on the side of the lithium version shows a capacity of 3.7 amp hours at 11.1V, which works out to 41 watt hours.

As for the one you have already, a separate thread claims it has a 12V, 19 amp hour battery, which works out to 228 amp hours. Given that it's lead acid, discharging below 50% isn't ideal for battery longevity - so you get about 114 usable amp hours.

All of that to say, the one you have - if it still has the capacity it did new - gives you about triple the energy storage vs. the lithium version. So, the lithium wins for portability, and its claimed peak output is higher when used as a jump starter. The older one should let you supply power to devices for about three times as long.

Thank you for this information!

I actually haven’t even got to charge it in over a year since I lost the charging cable. I’d buy one from Amazon, but I keep thinking I will run into it when I’m digging thru all my junk lol! I was still able to jumpstart a few cars with low batteries just a month ago.

Back