Anybody use CarShield?

Man I remember Ice T saying if you don’t have Car Shield it could be game over. Sounds like that’s the case when you do have it.

I’ve changed, if I get a 2025 Tahoe I probably do want an extended warranty. I’ve learned GM can be just as expensive as any car…

Most things that break on a car are actually considered "wear" items. Items break as a result of lack of maintenance following the service schedule listed in the back of the owner's manual.

Keep an emergency fund instead of paying premiums for a doubtful claim. Most consumer guides are very leery of aftermarket warranty add-ons on any consumer goods. They aren't worth it.

If you follow your owner's manual scheduled maintenance you're far less likely to have something break in the first place.

329121665_572683701550330_2664847782937689004_n.jpg

DO NOT USE CAR SHIELD!! I know this question was posted last year, but I’m posting warnings all any and all forums I find. I have paid over $1400 to car shield for my monthly payments. I now have an engine that needs replaced and they want to run all these diagnostics on my car, but I have to pay for them. And if they don’t approve my engine replacement, I’m responsible for the diagnostics. WHY!? I don’t want them, my mechanic is who I trust. Then, I wanted to speak to the adjuster and I wasn’t “allowed” to unless I was with my mechanic. And, they wouldn’t tell me if the adjusters were certified mechanics. ***!? So, I’m done with them. I have to cut my losses, but I’m going to at least try to warn as many people as possible.
Depending on what state you are in, there is a chance there is no such thing as a "certified mechanic." In California there is no state test or anything to say someone is certified to work on a car.

Back