Any movies you guys looking forward to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw Cloud Atlas on Fri and paid extra to see it in IMAX mainly to go to a 7:30 vs 8:30 non-IMAX. I think IMAX was $14/each. Its a 3 hour movie, thus odd start times.

I saw Argo, and thats a great movie to see.

Wolverine and Ironman...

Probably wait until they come to the community cinema a few towns away. Can get the 4 of us in, and lunch at a Pub for $60, compared to that for tickets alone at a regular cinema.

It's also the best-written Bond film in years, maybe ever, with a grand adventure and real heart. It would be a terrific adventure even if it weren't a Bond flick. Can you imagine M (Judi Dench) quoting Tennyson's "Ulysses" in a JB film? Well, it happens, and there's a lot more to enjoy.

Like many of you, I skip most movies in theatres; and when I do go, I hit the $5 matinees. But I'm going to see this one at least once more.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
I liked Skyfall except for the end. It just didn't make any sense the things they did. And the flashlight? Really?

Not to give anything away, but I'm not sure what you mean by "flashlight". Bond fires off a flare at a critical moment, that was my take on it.

To me, the last act is crucial -- not only is it different from anything we've ever had in a Bond film (I think; I've watched almost none of the Pierce Brosnan movies), but it gives us a character arc, a growth of personality, for our Mr. Bond. He's not perfect, like Fleming's original character, who got banged up and had to go to hospital at the end of a lot of the novels; and here he has personal connections to the people around him, Judi Dench's M in particular.

I went with my wife this past weekend and seen the last Twilight movie "breaking dawn 2" and i will admit i enjoyed it.. we have them all at home and ive watched them all with my family.. It was enjoyable on the big screen.

I want to see skyfall, the hobbit, red dawn, the next transformers movie.

If they do anymore Pirates movies, I will see them too..

i have a very impressive home theate and dont prefer the movie theatre to often, but even with the best home theatre, its still hard to beat the big screen.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
No movie theaters for me. I just wait for DVD few months later.

Same here although I wait more for On Demand through Comcast than DVD's. Going to the movies cost a small fortune these days and just isn't worth it to me.

I am looking forward to the Hobbit, Transformers, and Avatar 2.

Last edited:
In our area even the expensive theaters are DIRTY!

if they cleaned them properly and then pushed some fresh air through them once in a while we might consider it, but we're definitely not interested in sticky floors and grungy seats combined with stenchy old air!

Last edited:
Oh I need to add: of the list of movies I mentioned we want to see (Skyfall, Argo, Lincoln and Hobbit), the only one we want to go out and watch in theater with some peeps is Skyfall...it just seems it might be more fun in the theater.
Others we're gonna wait till they come out on Blue Ray, or Netflix them.

(We only go to the theater about once a year, when there might be a movie which can be viewed well (better) in a group like Skyfall or the Batman movies...and we usually only do even that when we can combine the movie with meeting some friends and having a bit of dinner beforehand...it's just nice that way sometimes...
Otherwise it's Netflix (streaming and mail) and Amazon Prime for us)

Red Dawn looked kind of good - I initially thought I'd enjoy the story. Then it looked like your typical cheesy action film where a guy with huge biceps and a funny voice ... well you get the idea. I ended up seeing part of the original and it's pretty cheesy.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Red Dawn looked kind of good - I initially thought I'd enjoy the story. Then it looked like your typical cheesy action film where a guy with huge biceps and a funny voice ... well you get the idea. I ended up seeing part of the original and it's pretty cheesy.

I remember the original Red Dawn. I thought it was rather far fetched. I doubt I will see the remake.

For me I've stopped going to the movies very much. They simply have gotten too expensive for tickets and especially the snacks. I'll wait for it to come out on DVD or ON DEMAND and watch it in the comfort of my home for a few dollars instead.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
With this new plasma I just bought that may be the case for me, but even though my surround sound is outstanding, it is hard to beat the theater...

With the new 60" Plasma and good surround system(you control the loudness), no reason to go to a theater.

With a comfort of your sofa, your munchee(s), your favorite drink(s) and especially you can pause at any moment to do anything else and watch the movie after that. The benefit is very low cost compares with $10-15 per person to go out.

This.

I haven't been to a theater in probably 10 years...maybe more. With kids it only compounds the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back