Any Mobil 1 High Mileage Oil users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past Saturday, I put Mobil 1 High Mileage 10w40 in my '00 GTI 1.8T with 99k miles on it. I did it out of curiosity, and the fact that a 5 qt. jug was under $20 at Wall of China.

Are any of you folks running M1 HM in your vehicle? If so, what are your impressions of this oil?

I run it in some of my GM fleet with great results,always quite no noise and engine seems to be staying clean, it's a great oil, use it and sleep good at night.
thumbsup.gif

Haven't done a UOA on it yet because i only do 6-7k O/C's

I just dumped it after 3k in my silverado. was quiet with the 10w30m1 hm. that oil did seem to make the truck a little less responsive than the 5w30 maxlife blend though. If i ever run it again i think i will cut it with a quart or 2 of the m1 0w20 wich i think is also mostly pao.

M1 10W-30 HM put in last week in my VW GTI 1.8T. Startups are free of the noise these engines often make during startup (like a f art noise). That's all I can report so far that is free of faulty butt dyno impressions.

JAG,
Why did you decide to go with the 10w30 over the 10w40 in your GTI? Fuel Mileage??? You're not worried about using the 30 wt in your 1.8T? Just wondering out loud....

FWIW, I've used many 30 wt's, including dino, over the years in my GTI 1.8T with no apparent problems.

Wayne, I went with the 10W-30 HM over the 10W-40 HM because I think that its 3.66 cP HTHS is high enough for use while I see how the gas mileage I get from it compares to what I got on M1 0W-40. I'm just experimenting right now. I may try the 10W-40 HM next, or maybe not...it depends.

I had the M1HM 10W-40 in my Saturn SL2 for about three weeks now. Consumption is down, but I cannot honestly say that's due to the oil or the new drain plug.

It's as quiet as anything I've ever run and still looks "clean" after 500+ miles.

Can anyone tell me why the M1 10W40 HM stuff is NOT A3 rated like the M1 10W30 per datasheet ?

As you probably know 10W30 A3 is rare, while a 10W40 A3 is more common.

I don't understand why no A3 rating on M1 10W40 HM.

"I don't understand why no A3 rating on M1 10W40 HM. "

Perhaps it goes w/o saying.
smile.gif

Sounds like there should be a lot of data coming in on M1 HM in the foreseeable future, but right now everyones in the "just dropped it in" phase. Myself, I'll be dropping M1 HM 10w40 in my '88 323 this wkend (creeks don't rise and what not).

Quote:

"I don't understand why no A3 rating on M1 10W40 HM. "

Perhaps it goes w/o saying.
smile.gif

Sounds like there should be a lot of data coming in on M1 HM in the foreseeable future, but right now everyones in the "just dropped it in" phase. Myself, I'll be dropping M1 HM 10w40 in my '88 323 this wkend (creeks don't rise and what not).

Yep, can't wait to see what everyones' results are!

I just posted a 5K mile UOA for the M1 High Mileage 10W30. I also posted a VOA for it. Great results from an engine that is hard on oil.

I'm on my second run of it now.

Quote:

Wayne, what are your impressions of the 10W-40 in your VW thus far?

It's been a couple of weeks. My engine feels the same as it has on every other oil I've used. Nothing unusual to note.

Quote:

I had the M1HM 10W-40 in my Saturn SL2 for about three weeks now. Consumption is down, but I cannot honestly say that's due to the oil or the new drain plug.

It's as quiet as anything I've ever run and still looks "clean" after 500+ miles.

Nick, you plan on performing a UOA on this oil?

Quote:

This past Saturday, I put Mobil 1 High Mileage 10w40 in my '00 GTI 1.8T with 99k miles on it. I did it out of curiosity, and the fact that a 5 qt. jug was under $20 at Wall of China.

Are any of you folks running M1 HM in your vehicle? If so, what are your impressions of this oil?

Seems that awhile back, several weeks my father told me that all the prices on the synths were coming down at wally world, I suppose that i remember paying like 23 something plus tax on the last reg M1, 5W-30 5qt jug i picked up and now the HM, truck/SUV and reg were all under 20 for 5 qts, I think my Dad also mentioned to me that PP was down around 18 something for for the 5qt jug. I also noticed when I picked up the EP, and a couple reg quarts for my next oil change, that the qts were on sale except the EP.

sorry for the semi-hijack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back