Any chain restaurant advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 4WD

Happy that Texas Roadhouse eventually opened restaurants in Texas …
wink.gif

Where in TX are you? SE TX has had several TX RH's for years

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Long John Silvers usually has specials.
lol.gif

I recommend the thick cut cod basket
laugh.gif

There used to be a few locations around here that were a combination Taco Bell and Long John Silver's. This way you could get your top quality seafood and your authentic Mexican cuisine under one roof.
laugh.gif

I grew up in the food import business.

Outback spends more money per dollar on their food than any other restaurant chain. The same company also owns several other restaurant chains as well.

If you absolutely have to go out and money isn't a major concern I would go there. If not, then a Groupon deal would work although those can be tricky at times.

^^^Spot on, the same goes at their other outlets.

My good friend worked as a manager at the original Outback here in Palm Harbor. You would be surprised how much meat they rejected on a daily basis until their suppliers figured out they wanted the best, not the cheapest.

And regarding Mom and Pop restaurants, consistency can be spotty indeed. But some shine like the sun with outrageous food at good prices. My favorite around here is run by an ex-hotel food manager and the guy is just fanatical about quality control and consistency.

Originally Posted By: CT8
The only chain restaurant I can say is OK and I am sure it depends on each location Outback steak house is good. I eat grass fed beef and the feed lot beef has a sour taste to me.

outback and bonefish are same company

I avoid chain restaurants if possible, the steaks are usually terrible and over priced for the low quality. I like small places and for lunch go to diners. Look for the ones that have been around for a while, bad ones usually fold after a short time if they suck.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I avoid chain restaurants if possible, the steaks are usually terrible and over priced for the low quality. I like small places and for lunch go to diners. Look for the ones that have been around for a while, bad ones usually fold after a short time if they suck.

This. Avoid [censored] chain restaurants with their factory made "food" as much as possible.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Long John Silvers usually has specials.
lol.gif

I recommend the thick cut cod basket
laugh.gif

There used to be a few locations around here that were a combination Taco Bell and Long John Silver's. This way you could get your top quality seafood and your authentic Mexican cuisine under one roof.
laugh.gif

Funny...
laugh.gif

I’ll take the locally owned places every time. Give me a chain gift card and I’m probably giving it away.

I thought I was going to get good steaks when we moved to Columbus,Nebraska but it goes through town still kicking and doesn't seem to ever come back.

We have a locally owned chain (Hal Smith) that seems to be the right combo bewteen national chain/mom&pop.

They have the buying power to get really good quality food, but are based here so they understand the tastes and preferences of the people who live here. I'd gladly get a steak from one of their restaurants any day.

Anyway -- like the others I'd suggest Outback. For a while I was addicted to their prime rib.

I avoid chains generally but I've had OK experiences at Outback, Cheesecake Factory, BJ's(their beer is pretty [censored] good for a chain, it's all brewed down in SoCal at their headquarters from what a friend told me when he worked there), In-N-Out and those newer burger chains.

I suggest a lunch at Olive Garden or Outback and use the lunch menu to keep cost reasonable.Check the website of both to see if there is specials and if you are an AARP member that, is good for !0% Ed

I love that bread Outback serves before the meal. Is it Pumpernickel?

Yes sir it is!

The rolls at TX Roadhouse are very good as well. Piping hot with great cinnamon butter. Have a few those and you're not too hungry for dinner.

Traveling all the time I avoid chain restaurants for the most part. Find a good local place with great food and you will be rewarded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back