Any BITOGers own a Toyota Venza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TMoto
I bought a 2013 XLE V6 AWD with only 8,900 miles on it 14 months ago for the wife and she loves it. We've put about 15k miles on it since with no issues. It's her DD but we use it to haul the dogs and grandkids around and I drive when we're together.

It's comfortable, although being fairly tall, I wish the steering wheel was able to adjust further back and I'm not overly impressed with the Entune entertainment system. Not great mileage at around 20 mpg mostly city but we knew that going in, although I hear the 2GR-FE 3.5l V6 is very reliable. Another downside to me is no transmission dipstick and not looking forward to replacing the 20" tires when the time comes. I've read mixed reviews in snow but it runs just fine to me here in Denver's weather conditions and I'm confident every time I take it out. I've had no problems getting it going in our hilly areas and stopping is good as well. I assume she's still on the factory Michelins.

I think the Venza production died because Toyota had the Highlander and Rav4 that were doing great with the Venza cought in the middle. Overall we're happy with the choice we made.

Toyota also said the ATF was a "lifetime fluid" in my RAV6 and that clearly seems to have been a mistake with my tranny problems and the condition of the fluid with less than 60kmiles. The indy shop that changed the ATF told me they had a special piece of equipment for such changes in the no-dipstick Toyotas, they could have been feeding me a line but they seemed credible to me.

Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike
Originally Posted By: Marco620
Toyota the second best car AFTER Honda/Acura.

^ this

Not since 2007.

I'd get the I4 FWD model. Less complexity versus an AWD model, smaller wheels which equals a higher profile tire with more side wall. And the tire cost will be less. Second choice would be a V6 but with FWD and not AWD.

less you have a crazy driveway FWD + snow tires..I'd even own the bullet proof 4 popper, lighter quicker on the front axles..then again your hard pressed to find any bad designed Toyota's.

Probably a wealth of low mi. grocery getters to pick from.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Toyota also said the ATF was a "lifetime fluid" in my RAV6 and that clearly seems to have been a mistake with my tranny problems and the condition of the fluid with less than 60kmiles. The indy shop that changed the ATF told me they had a special piece of equipment for such changes in the no-dipstick Toyotas, they could have been feeding me a line but they seemed credible to me.

I don't buy the "lifetime fluid" line for any fluid from any manufacturer either. From what I can tell, there is a special tool that Toyota uses plus applying vacuum at the time of fluid replacement. I'll talk to my indy mechanic when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back