Another Universe? Mind boggling...

There's a version of your multi-verse self who's Buck Rogers.
1684177777120.jpg

I don't think they said anything about another universe, just that they've now discovered galaxies far enough away to possibly be formed only half a billion yeas after the big bang or that the big bang happened a lot longer ago than previously thought.

I don't think they said anything about another universe, just that they've now discovered galaxies far enough away to possibly be formed only half a billion yeas after the big bang or that the big bang happened a lot longer ago than previously thought.
Or that they are not even sure there was a big bang.

Yes, it means they found very early galaxies that are much larger than they should be based on our current understanding and our model of the universe.

We are so lucky to be living in the time of the James Webb Telescope!
Image of another Universe
If the universe is shaped like the interior of a rough sphere, as it probably is and is finite, as it probably is, then we probably can't see any other universes, even though they may well exist. Would anything prevent another universe from invading our space? I don't know enough theory to comment either way.
It is fascinating what advances in observation capabilities will allow us to learn.

They say those early galaxies are to big for their age. I would think that the earliest galaxies would have been at an advantage to grow much faster then as matter was not as expanded yet and more uniform.

I think the word universe is being used wrong or differently in this thread. I was taught that the universe was all encompassing. So I agree with your comment that this could be a new galaxy.

Back