And one of the fastest growing brands is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

OK, then let's talk Global sales:

http://www.automotive-fleet.com/channel/...re-down-15.aspx

Quote:
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) global sales volume during the cumulative three quarters in FY16 declined to 673,000 units, according to the company's third quarter financial statement. This is 15% lower than the same period of last year, but relatively in line with the revised plan released in October 2016.

Ford F-series sales, US market-only, for 2017 were 896,764 in comparison.

Does anyone else buy the Ford F-series?

Canada & Mexico.

Drove a rental 380 in Australia for a couple of weeks and enjoyed it in March of 2017. It was the made in a Japan galant. Bought a new outlander with a 3.0 v6 and 6 speed later that year back home in Canada. It was a solid little car with a great AWD system and plenty of go. Still regret selling it in 2011 for about half of what it cost. It was better priced than a RAV at the time, with a much better drivetrain for the price. It was made in Japan.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

OK, then let's talk Global sales:

http://www.automotive-fleet.com/channel/...re-down-15.aspx

Quote:
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) global sales volume during the cumulative three quarters in FY16 declined to 673,000 units, according to the company's third quarter financial statement. This is 15% lower than the same period of last year, but relatively in line with the revised plan released in October 2016.

Ford F-series sales, US market-only, for 2017 were 896,764 in comparison.

Does anyone else buy the Ford F-series?

Canadian and Mexican market? LOL!

But my point was simply that Ford sells more trucks in the US alone than Mitsubishi sells of their entire product line globally. That's pretty wild.

The 380 was made in Australia, Mitsubishi's last hope of production in Aust. They were a really nice car. New Mitsubishi's in NZ are made in Japan and Thailand, quality is top knotch. We also import a lot of used Japanese domestics, they are at least 7 years old, and again, high quality. When we used to assemble Mitsi's in NZ they were basic, almost 3rd world - no power steering, no air con. But they were good at the time, the L200 as popular as the Toyota Hi Lux, and the Mirage probably outsold the Civic.

We call them Mitsi here. Biggest used Mitsi parts place in the country is called Kempy's Bitza Mitzys.

Clearly, Mitsubishi is not a popular brand in the US. In Australia, they are number 5 for overall sales (as of November 2017), ahead of many of the heavy hitters.

1. Toyota
2. Mazda
3. Hyundai
4. Holden
5. Mitsubishi
6. Ford
7. Volkswagen
8. Nissan
9. Honda
10. Kia

We call them Mitsi here. Biggest used Mitsi parts place in the country is called Kempy's Bitza Mitzys.
grin2.gif

The Outlander's are what's driving sales for them. I think the recent ones are a solid used car buy for the money from my research. If the 4cyl CVT had the same tow rating as the CVT Outback, I think it would be a good swiss army knife family wagon/SUV.

I think Mitsubishi gets a bad rep because they don't advertize very hard or foster much of a feel-good brand image (ie. low marketing expenditures, limited- to non-existent koolaid). Their presence is sparse in North America, and North Americans HATE UNPOPULAR THINGS. It didn't help that some technical Achilles heels are the only thing we seem to remember about them.
Did you know: they were pioneers in Gasoline Direct Injection?

Originally Posted By: Silk
Pajero Sport ad we get.

When i lived in Central America back in 2008 mitsubishi was very popular. When i go visit friends there these are everywhere and seem better than the US models. I recall most being 3.0 diesels there?

Originally Posted By: donnyj08

When i lived in Central America back in 2008 mitsubishi was very popular. When i go visit friends there these are everywhere and seem better than the US models. I recall most being 3.0 diesels there?

Mostly diesel here, 2.5, 2.8, 3.2 and now 2.4. The odd V6 in all model.

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
North Americans HATE UNPOPULAR THINGS.

The DSM cars (early Talon, Eclipse) were definitely popular, along with the 3000GT. Damm good cars as well for the most part! Mitsubishi thereafter lost their way, seemingly when they decided to wholesale eschew turbos. It was self-inflicted; their cars lost the passion people had come to expect.

Subaru used to be unpopular because their cars are quirky, not the typical North American vehicle, and fiercely loyal to what they believe cars should be- mainstream be [censored] (outside the BRZ of course). I just saw a press release that Subaru just celebrated its TENTH consecutive year of increased YOY sales...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back