An observation: lots of off-brand summer tires in Europe?

Thread was about Germany (EU). Why many M+S are sold as a summer tire. So i explained that to him why? so why is that so hard to believe? Now you trying to twist this to even worse. Like i said, your welcome to try your opinion
No I am not trying to twist. I asked you when did standards changed. Laws and standards are two different things! Summer tire with M+S is not a summer tire. It is tire that has to be made in a such a way, that negatively influences summer performance.
You can think of them as space travel capable if you want, but they are not summer tire.

No I am not trying to twist. I asked you when did standards changed. Laws and standards are two different things! Summer tire with M+S is not a summer tire. It is tire that has to be made in a such a way, that negatively influences summer performance.
You can think of them as space travel capable if you want, but they are not summer tire.

Yes in Eu parts like Germany and northern Europe. You can't just say here its a winter tire if it can't pass the 3peak... test or haven't done it(think the newer version have it). Even if i like my gf Goodrich all terrain in snow. Its only two options. That's it. Now i think next year a new standard will arrive (ice Grip symbol) wich will be interesting 😁

Yes in Eu parts like Germany and northern Europe. You can't just say here its a winter tire if it can't pass the 3peak... test or haven't done it(think the newer version have it). Even if i like my gf Goodrich all terrain in snow. Its only two options. That's it. Now i think next year a new standard will arrive (ice Grip symbol) wich will be interesting 😁
That is public opinion. Not a fact.
I have coworker that said her husband bought her winter tires (she is absolutely scared of snow and should not actually drive in anything but absolutely dry weather). I saw her tires and it was all-season tire. I guess husband saw M+S and since it has “snow” that cut it. You have people every fall who claim that their all season tires are only thing they need and everyone else is dumb bcs. they buy winter tires. But that is cultural perception or thier own attempt to comfort themselves.
But, we here should have bit different discussion than “street” lingo.

I have coworker that said her husband bought her winter tires (she is absolutely scared of snow and should not actually drive in anything but absolutely dry weather). I saw her tires and it was all-season tire. I guess husband saw M+S and since it has “snow” that cut it. You have people every fall who claim that their all season tires are only thing they need and everyone else is dumb bcs. they buy winter tires. But that is cultural perception or thier own attempt to comfort themselves.

Certainly a big difference between us in Europe and the US. An all season tyre here would have to carry the 3 peaks logo.

That said, where I am in the UK. We don't have any winter tyre laws and people just don't care as long as they have black things around their wheels.

Wrong again...tell that to the police or the yearly car inspectors.
Wow, steet lingo? Typical of you saying that🙄...Its not a public opinion here, Thats a fact. I live here you don't.

Certainly a big difference between us in Europe and the US. An all season tyre here would have to carry the 3 peaks logo.

That said, where I am in the UK. We don't have any winter tyre laws and people just don't care as long as they have black things around their wheels.
And no reputable manufacturer offers summer tire with M+S designation. I just checked Michelin Deutschland and there is no any summer tire that is designated as M+S.
Just bcs. tire cannot be driven by law in certain months doesn’t make it summer tire.

And no reputable manufacturer offers summer tire with M+S designation. I just checked Michelin Deutschland and there is no any summer tire that is designated as M+S.
Just bcs. tire cannot be driven by law in certain months doesn’t make it summer tire.
but Chinese tire manufacturer selling cheap tires in EU can do it?

Again this is not opinion what is what according to you.

So? The point is that no one sells summer tire with M+S. Again, you can call your tires “warp capable,” but thei ain’t warp capable.
Now, since Ling Long is obviously your benchmark, well, you can call it summer tire. I will call my winters, max performance track tires.

So? The point is that no one sells summer tire with M+S. Again, you can call your tires “warp capable,” but thei ain’t warp capable.
Now, since Ling Long is obviously your benchmark, well, you can call it summer tire. I will call my winters, max performance track tires.
Actually they do, Do you see the ☀️ (kesä) summer category. Just a exempel. Maybe you should stop with your nonsense?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-19-19-58-00-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-19-19-58-00-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 6
Back