Amsoil metric oil

So im using Amsoil 15W-50 metric motorcycle full synthetic on a 2011 Triumph Bonnieville T100 865 cc air cooled efi bike.Triumph calls for Castrol power 1 15w50 full synthetic. Always used Amsoil on all my bikes and trucks with no problem but have been told by a few mechanics that using the Amsoil metric motorcycle oil on a Triumph would make the bike s valves sound louder more of a ticking noise almost every bike I owned all make this sound and its totally normal u can tell when a adjustment is needed when its real loud.My question why would Amsoil make a bikes valves sound louder its my first Triumph motorcycle after riding Harleys and Indians for many years witch are no quiet bikes by any means So far my triumph is not any louder but im just curious if anyone experianced this or heard of this with Amsoil on a Triumph

Some people will have some sort of a personal bias against Amsoil. That's just the way it is.

I've run Amsoil for 120,000 miles in two different Goldwings, along with Mobil 1 for 30,000 miles. I've never noticed any difference.
I love Amsoil any of my older quads and bikes and the newer ones run great on it

My question why would Amsoil make a bikes valves sound louder its my first Triumph motorcycle after riding Harleys and Indians for many years witch are no quiet bikes by any means So far my triumph is not any louder but im just curious if anyone experianced this or heard of this with Amsoil on a Triumph
My answer - it won’t.

Lots of people “hear” things when they change oils. But they’ve made no objective, controlled measurement of the noise before the change, and of course, none after.

It’s purely perception with a multitude of explanations that have nothing to do with the oil.

These rumors get repeated, and other people “hear” the same thing.

Don’t buy into the rumors.

I've often wondered about the noise thing too.
seriously, unless the engine has some type of hydraulic valve adjusters
what noise could one brand of oil cause versus another brand.

Agreed. Never could hear a difference. Never felt any seat of the pants difference, either. Heck, I never even noticed any different ju-ju between oil brands.

My answer - it won’t.

Lots of people “hear” things when they change oils. But they’ve made no objective, controlled measurement of the noise before the change, and of course, none after.

It’s purely perception with a multitude of explanations that have nothing to do with the oil.

These rumors get repeated, and other people “hear” the same thing.

Don’t buy into the rumors.
I usually say to myself its prob me just thinking its louder or i never really stopped to liaten Im sticking with Amsoil I have used and trusted it for years Thanks for reply

So you haven’t actually had this issue but you’re just repeating some unverifiable and completely random rumor to see who else will join in?
No im asking a question so far its good and it was just a question isnt that what forums like these are for to ask questions

Castrol Edge vs Castrol Magnatec - I can assure you that Edge is "noisier" in a couple of our cars that I've used it in. Others here say the same thing. Did any of us whip out a dB meter and measure it ? No.... In my case, it's not a situation where I don't like Edge and I tried to find reasons to justify it but I've switched back and forth a few times and am absolutely convinced it's noisier. Is it because it's 0W-40 (Edge) vs 5W-30 (Magnatec) ? In the summer, I doubt it....

So im using Amsoil 15W-50 metric motorcycle full synthetic on a 2011 Triumph Bonnieville T100 865 cc air cooled efi bike.Triumph calls for Castrol power 1 15w50 full synthetic. Always used Amsoil on all my bikes and trucks with no problem but have been told by a few mechanics that using the Amsoil metric motorcycle oil on a Triumph would make the bike s valves sound louder more of a ticking noise almost every bike I owned all make this sound and its totally normal u can tell when a adjustment is needed when its real loud.My question why would Amsoil make a bikes valves sound louder its my first Triumph motorcycle after riding Harleys and Indians for many years witch are no quiet bikes by any means So far my triumph is not any louder but im just curious if anyone experianced this or heard of this with Amsoil on a Triumph
Amsoil metric is one of the better oil for motorcycle in the market. I am using Amsoil metric 15W50 on my 23 R1250GSA now. I did not notice any difference in noise from previous Motul 7100 10W50 I was using. You can try Motul 7100 15W50 to see if there is any difference.

I easily heard the difference using Mobil 1 15/50 oil compared to an oil I used for almost a decade now JT8 HEDO 15/50 semi syn.
The Mobil 1 I could hear more noise for sure. I thought it was a well known fact with most full syn oils compared to conventional.

Conventional oil has uneven particle sizes, nasty wax and other stuff compared to Syn.
I thought it was known this makes them more quiet.

Anyway it doesn't mean the synthetic causes more wear. It doesn't, in fact it's less wear and cooler running engine internals. But the noise makes some think it is inferior.
I posted right in this section of the forum Blackstone wear tests which had 3 or 4 wear tests of my favorite 15/50 JT8 semi syn compared to one run of Mobil 1 15/50
Even though I went back to the JT8 the Mobil 1 Blackstone wear tests showed superior as far as metal in the oil. I think but was unable to reliability document that the oil ran MAYBE 5 TO 10 DEGREES cooler.

SO why did I go back? The JT8 still had very good numbers and figured in the life of the engine it would not matter. I have used this oil since almost the bike was brand new since 2014 (2014 Harley Road King) and the bike has never needed a repair to this day for anything.
Even though the Mobil 1 had great numbers the noise bothered me a little. Also the JT8 met Harleys recommendation for an HDEO if Harley oil was not available. The Mobil 1 doesn't even though it carries an obsolete HDEO rating.

BTW- I have a brand new jug of Mobil 1 15/50 in my garage for the next Harley oil change. I am revisiting trying it like I did a couple years back. Nothing to lose, get wear numbers. :) and easy to buy.

Back