Amelia Earhart -- Good Evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kage860
What about that video footage they found?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf9TtBVj_P4

lol.gif

crackmeup2.gif
banana2.gif
shocked2.gif
lol.gif
crazy.gif
thumbsup2.gif

LMAO Thats pretty good.

Dammnn I miss that show
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
What about the transmission “281 North Howland” and the island the Electra was allegedly on in the Marshal Islands is on a heading of 281 degrees from Howland island. The Cutter went 281 miles North of Howland island.

Any of that true?

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
"A lot..". Define that. Then put it in the context of the known fallibility of eyewitness testimony. Especially when paid, or to a superior authority, and when decades later.

Did you even watch the documentary? Evidently not.

You can count the number of witnesses (either filmed years ago or interviewed recently about family statements) for yourself. Then you can maybe offer something intelligent to say instead of blanket accusals of lying.

Specifically, which ones do you think are lying? (Do 1st watch the documentary at least please.)

And to question your prior post, what Japanese invasion of the Marshall Islands in 1937? There wasn't one. The Japanese had occupied them since 1914 or 1915-ish, I forget which.
You "forget". Why not look it up? Is that so hard for an "historian" you claim to be? October 1914 (no "ish"...), was when the initial invasion began, and buildup continued for years. Oh, you say they were just "occupiers". Ask the people who lived there. I met one the other day, and their attitude is they were always brutal violent invaders who never belonged there.

You gotta work harder than CNN these days...

Its easy to "work harder" than you, thats for sure.

You can't even look up easy, basic facts. Nor did you even watch the subject of this thread before babbling on about nonsense.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
In that photo, I don't see an airplane being towed on a barge by that ship. Some forensic photo examiner I am, huh? LoL.

Plenty of debate on just what is being towed, what looks like a wing, and a body 37 ft long.

I like the various comments in the comments section. Lots of ideas I had never heard before. It doesn't make much sense in 1937 for white Americans to be on that island, let alone with an airplane being towed. War was brewing.

the pic shows (1) two caucasians who bear a strong resemblance to the dynamic duo, and are (2) on Jaluit Atoll in the correct period, with (3) the Kosha Maru in the background, that is towing a barge with (4) a plane of correct dimensions, all of which is (5) portrayed in an Office of Naval Intelligence photo.

----

It's 1937 in the Marshall Islands, they're occupied by the Japanese and the natives of the islands are Melanesian. Japan is at war with China, and it's two years before WWII. Everyone is waiting and watching to see what Japan will do next. Opinions. The "Amelia" person in the photo does not look Melanesian or Japanese to me, and in 1937, it wouldn't have been all that easy to get to the Marshall's, i.e. it's not like you could have hopped on a holiday charter directly there for a week of fun in the sun. Plus, of all the places to go in the pacific (Hawaii, NZ, Australia, Tahiti, etc... ) why choose to go to a Japanese occupied island? So, sure, it's not proof that it's them, but it's interesting that the photo includes two non natives in 1937 in a place where I wouldn't expect to see them, one of them looking to the right possibly at what's being towed behind the ship, and not looking at the camera like some of the other people are, in the same year, in the same general area that Amelia went missing.

----

The photo is clearly marked "Marshall Islands, Jaluit Atoll, Jaluit Island". It is further marked "Confidential" on the back and as another commenter has stated it is a ONI photo. What is your evidence to rebut the prima facie evidence that it was taken in the Marshall Islands?

---

Also, another glaring coincidence, the ship in the photo is the Koshu Maru, one of two Japanese vessels that were involved in the air and sea rescue operation to find Noonan and Earhart after they disappeared. Another massive coincidence, the Koshu Maru was confirmed to be at Jaluit Atoll twice between July 9th and July 19th 1937 as it progressed in the search around the Marshall Islands. This was documented in an Amelia Earhart book that was published back in the 1980's.

---

Good plane blow up in this linkage

Noonan had a leg injury, and can be seen in the picture leaning against one pole while holding on to another, as if he had a .... leg injury.....

The long distance sea plane Hawaii Clipper was sent out to Manila in 1938....some think to bring back Earhart and Noonan. They carried $3 MILL (ransom?). That plane "disappeared" as well with 15 on board, several dignitaries. Official version is they crashed at sea in bad weather. There are also native reports claiming all 15 did arrive somewhere....and were later executed.... then buried in concrete. This seems like a much harder to believe conspiracy than the Earhart disappearance. Either way, lots of circumstantial evidence in both situations suggesting the correct version is probably not the one the public has been fed all these years.

I just saw the History Channel story of the early 1960's Alcatraz escape. The nephews of 2 of the missing convicts claimed they escaped and made it to South America (photographic proof submitted to FBI). The official version was that they drowned in SF Bay and the bodies were found. A recent DNA test proved that those bodies were not a match to the 2 convicts/brothers (10,000-1 odds). Even the Federal Marshall/investigators agree that the new evidence is hard to dismiss. I'm not surprised the official story has been proven to be false.

I don't take seriously anything The History Channel presents.The History Channel would have been chest high with cold fusion if it had been around in 1989.Produced way too many shows about the Rosell nonsense to be taken seriously. Like Robert Park said in Voodoo Science, there is a thin line between foolishness and fraud. I'll be old Dan Rather still has his Newman Energy Machine

I’m pretty sure the Alcatraz thing in a couple years old, If i haven’t seen that exact show, I’ve seen one with mostly the same content.

RE the Photo alleging to show Earhart, Noonan and the Electra:

I don’t find the fact the dude is leaning on a pole because he had a leg injury that convincing, I’ve probably leaned on a pole in just such a way in the last 10 days and my leg is fine, though my back is kinda questionable.

For those that did not see the show last night, it was stated that the islanders in the boats all appear to be looking at the dock as if something significant is happening and the person sitting on the dock appears to be looking at the object on the barge. Additionally based upon known dimensions of the ship, the object on the barge was estimated at the same length as the Electra.

It was further stated that wind was more northerly and stronger than anticipated and this would have pushed her more northward than intended. It was supposed that when she said she was “low” on fuel, she meant she was approaching the level at which she had to turn for a secondary location. Further it was supposed that had she turned for that secondary location from a point further north than she thought she would have arrived at Milii Atoll.

If the base facts are true, the theory made sense.

There were 3 wheels (actually axels with 2 wheels) found on Milli Atoll. These were said to be from a Japanese ordinance /bomb cart. Some significance was attached to the fact that there were 3, one for each gear position on the Electra. To me since each cart would have had (at least) 2 axels, 6 would have been a more significant number. Still an uninhabited Atoll seems an odd place for the wheels. Some of the metal found there on the atoll seems to match the rolled edge on the bottom of the Electra.

You've all got it wrong. The object on the barge is part of the UFO that crashed while trying to save her from Big Foot. All of this has been confirmed by Gertrude, the pink and purple dinosaur who created the universe and lives in my cellar.

Gee this is fun! In the absence of proof one can say anything they like - can't prove it wrong, must be right!

50.gif

A Japanese Historian is saying that the photo was published in a Japanese Book, a copy of which is in their National Library, and was published two years before the doomed flight of Earhart. The History Channel "is investigating" the news.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
A Japanese Historian is saying that the photo was published in a Japanese Book, a copy of which is in their National Library, and was published two years before the doomed flight of Earhart. The History Channel "is investigating" the news.

Yep.... was just confirmed couple hours ago. Photo is meaningless again, and the mystery remains.

Nice try but no cigar... Amelia Earhart mystery was taken 2 years before pilot vanished...

The photo below is reportedly published in 1935 by Futabaya Gofuku Ten in a travel book titled "Naval life line"

170712172536-amelia-earhart-photo-japan-exlarge-169.jpg

Someday Amelia and her Electra might be found right where it crashed into the ocean...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ampalamp
Originally Posted By: tmorris1
Did anyone ask what oil she used in her plane?

GOOD ONE! LMAO
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
banana2.gif
lol.gif
21.gif

01.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad

Yes, I mentioned this on page one. Japanese language sources had discredited this years before the HC video aired.

But for god's sake, don't tell the user oil_film_movies! He'll likely curse you for not googling the answer for him ahead of time!

What I love about threads like this is that it let's you find the really deranged users. You can then click their user ID and then instantly put them on your block list. It's really foolish to think someone can be so illogical about one subject and then objective about another. People aren't like that. They are what they are.

I guess this is where journalists and TV producers run into problems. The internet has made people lazy researchers. Sometimes, nothing can replace going to the library or the archives in question and physically examine what's present, particularly for information about the dates of a certain piece of data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back