Am I doing the Duragloss combo correctly???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, I just wanna make sure i got this down correctly.

I using Duragloss 105, and 601, with a Collinite No. 845.

I was told to wash the car with Dawn first to remove the old wax, but I also hear that is bad for the paint. It will remove the natural gloss the paint has and will make it look dry?

After the first wash I am gonna hit it with the clay bar, Then the 601, let it dry for an hour, hit it with the 105, let it dry for a hour, wipe it down then hit it with a few coats of wax.

Does this sound right to you? Any advice would be welcomed

I've done the dawn wash on two occasions before Zaino'ing my van. I didn't have any problems. The Zaino site recommends it. I wouldn't do it all the time.

One of the experts will chime in about this.....because Dura Gloss is a polymer, it needs to "crosslink" in order to cure. I thought this takes 12 hours or more. So, you will need to find out how long to wait before applying your last wax coat.

If you are going to clay the entire car there is no need for a Dawn Wash. 601 will remove contaminants as well as assist in bonding the 105. There is no need to wait an hour for either the 601 or 105. As soon as the 601 is dry you are good to go with the 105. Same with the 105....dry? wipe it off. The most important thing is to avoid moisture for a minimum 12 hours after the 105 is removed, 24 is even better. Use Duragloss AquaWax (spray sealant) monthly and you will have one shiney ride. Quality microfiber towels are a must as always and 601 & 105 must be applied thin Thin THIN!! Foam applicators seem to work the best & you'll need two of course.

Wait 24 hours after 105 before you apply the Collinite, also thin. Foam pads seem to work best here too so add one more to the list. Uh, pictures ARE required when you're done
34.gif

I just finished taking off the polish and guess what, it starts to rain. I know you said to try and avoid the rain, but i didn't see this one coming. It had about 2 or 3 hours drying.

I didn't get a chance to put on a coat of wax. What do you guys suggest I do now? Should I reapply the bonding and polish when it stops raining?

No need for the bonding. However, you can do it at any time. I would just recoat with the 105. FYI, I rebond about every 6 months or when I clay the finish.

The moisture doesn't cause any problems it just reduces the durability a bit. Were it mine I would go one more time with the 105 only, clean car of course.

The question was posed before... Will Coll 845IW strip DG105 that has was put on with DG601 PBA? I just got my 845IW and I am wondering if a quality paste wax would make a better top coat with less strip?

Collinite IW is WAX. It has no cleaning power and will not strip anything beneath it. Collinite Insulator wax is as durable as they come. Forget the paste vs liquid thing. Times have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back