Am I cheap or? Oil and filters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Oily_hair
Originally Posted By: sw99
Originally Posted By: Thebimmerfan
You drive relatively new cars. In 2 - 3 years it's not quite probable to have any oil related issues. The problems would possibly come to the second hand owners of your vehicles.

The Honda has 100K and we have owned it since new. The Ram has 144K. My previous Subaru had 200k+ on it. I take great care of my vehicles and they last. Interesting comment considering that you know nothing about me. Cheers

I may be way off but I feel that 100 & 144k on a 4 year old vehicle is not the same as a vehicle that has the same amount of mileage except 20 years old. Your oil is in and out pretty fast and if you are doing a lot of highway miles then its being stressed even less.

Exactly.

Originally Posted By: sw99
You drive relatively new cars. In 2 - 3 years it's not quite probable to have any oil related issues. The problems would possibly come to the second hand owners of your vehicles.

The Honda has 100K and we have owned it since new. The Ram has 144K. My previous Subaru had 200k+ on it. I take great care of my vehicles and they last. Interesting comment considering that you know nothing about me. Cheers

100 000 miles in 3 years mean a lot of highway driving, which's always less penalizing an oil. Indeed you must be a bad case of car neglect if you succeed to ruin a Honda's engine in 3 years (with great part highway driving).
The only things I know about you is what you share about yourself - in this case that you always use cheapest alternatives in maintaining your vehicles, which considering the quality of most cheap oils and especially (oil) filters is a terrible idea. I have had problems using cheap oils and even worse ones using cheap oil filter (I did this error only once, then I promised to myself I would never ever save money on oil filters).
The truth is I don't wanna know anything more about you to suppose that it's quite possible to keep your vehicles running without any serious drama, especially if not making long OCIs and having a conservative (highway mainly) driving pattern.
Nevertheless I think that generally cars being maintained by people who don't like spending money on quality stuff, always looking for the cheapest alternatives are not the best second hand buys, for obvious reasons.

Really, so using Mobil 5000, ST and Peak dino is making my vehicles less valuable or reliable?

Originally Posted By: Branson304
You might be cheap but there's nothing wrong with that if it's getting the job done & keeping your vehicles running flawlessly.
cool.gif

Thrifty maybe...there was a guy in here went over 200k in an ancient Chrysler minivan using nothing but ST synthetic at 5k intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back