All My Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahle, Champ, Champion
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by blupupher

Ford .......(interestingly the OEM from factory filter (Wix or Champ made) is NOT the same filter (made by Purolator) you buy at the parts counter).

It is indeed Champ made. Exactly like the Luberfiner filters.

Originally Posted by bbhero
I will never use a FL820S again (and probably never another Purolator made filter overall).

As for what to use next, for a 5000 mile interval, just stick an orange Fram on it and call it a day.
A Wix/NAPA Gold is another good option, Mobil 1 is also good, but a little overpriced.
If not for the Supertech ST2 being a combo valve design, I would recommend that also.

^^^^^^I agree.... No Motorcraft 820... And I am glad I never used the 820 on my car. I am very glad I used the Fram Ultra xg-2 on my 2008 Ford Fusion... Which I see here... XG-2 all the way.
Make that 3 recommendations to stay away from the MC FL-820s (they are well known to tear). Why not run the XG2 for two or 3 OCIs? It is good for up to 20,000 miles.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Originally Posted by bbhero
I will never use a FL820S again (and probably never another Purolator made filter overall).

As for what to use next, for a 5000 mile interval, just stick an orange Fram on it and call it a day.
A Wix/NAPA Gold is another good option, Mobil 1 is also good, but a little overpriced.
If not for the Supertech ST2 being a combo valve design, I would recommend that also.

^^^^^^I agree.... No Motorcraft 820... And I am glad I never used the 820 on my car. I am very glad I used the Fram Ultra xg-2 on my 2008 Ford Fusion... Which I see here... XG-2 all the way.
Make that 3 recommendations to stay away from the MC FL-820s (they are well known to tear). Why not run the XG2 for two or 3 OCIs? It is good for up to 20,000 miles.

I guess I could, but I like changing my oil and filters at the same time. I don't hunt or fish anymore so buying a $10 oil filter every 5-6 thousand miles is a pretty cheap hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back