All American Drive Service

This company is in Bronson, MI and had an excellent reputation for rebuilding boat outdrives. He rebuilt my Volvo Penta DPS. It was strapped to a pallet and trucked to AADS. That was 2021.

I am following a private Facebook group of people who have been ghosted by AADS. Their outdrives are sitting at the shop which appears to be closed. Their full payment has not been returned. The website no longer exists. The owner was in some kind of accident maybe 6 months ago and is recovering. But this situation has been going on for over a year. The Facebook group has pictures of the owner's two Mercedes SUVs and his cell numbers.

No one seems to know what really happened. The shop had several employees I think.

The police say file a small claims case. But many people are not local. Filing a small claims case if not local probably involves a lawyer.

For me I am out of luck on my two year warranty if my outdrive should fail.

Now if the shop has to close for good due to health reasons an honest place would refund all the deposits and arrange for the outdrives to be returned to the owner even if unrepaired.

Oddly there appear to be some outdrives and outdrive parts for sale on eBay from a seller in Bronson MI.

Makes one wonder a little if this could happen to a car left at a shop that closes for good.

Last edited:
You're lucky. They started scamming around that time. They are STILL taking money and drives from people. I lost mine to him over a year ago, but was able to do a successful charge back for the deposit even though 9 months had passed - he kept promising delivery and I record my calls, so I had proof.

His son, wife, maybe another employee or so worked at the business.

I also learned from others after I had sent out my drive, before he started scamming completely, that his "rebuilds" are often not what he claims and there have been many with ongoing issues....

Last edited:
You're lucky. They started scamming around that time. They are STILL taking money and drives from people. I lost mine to him over a year ago, but was able to do a successful charge back for the deposit even though 9 months had passed - he kept promising delivery and I record my calls, so I had proof.

His son, wife, maybe another employee or so worked at the business.

I also learned from others after I had sent out my drive, before he started scamming completely, that his "rebuilds" are often not what he claims and there have been many with ongoing issues....
What about your outdrive?

That stinks big time! I hate hearing about some of these scam artists, but it seems that they are more prevalent every day. I hope you guys get your money/parts back.

That stinks big time! I hate hearing about some of these scam artists, but it seems that they are more prevalent every day. I hope you guys get your money/parts back.
Something happened. They had a good reputation and had been doing good work for many years. Then things fell apart. Even if you go bankrupt and have no assets you should get the outdrives back to the owners in whatever state they are in.

From reading it seems the owner George was in a serious car accident several months ago. Ok I feel sorry. But no excuse not to get someone into the shop and get the outdrives back to the owners. If your money is tied up in parts for the various outdrives (gear sets are very expensive) then give the guy back the new parts you ordered for his outdrive along with his outdrive.

Something happened. They had a good reputation and had been doing good work for many years. Then things fell apart. Even if you go bankrupt and have no assets you should get the outdrives back to the owners in whatever state they are in.

From reading it seems the owner George was in a serious car accident several months ago. Ok I feel sorry. But no excuse not to get someone into the shop and get the outdrives back to the owners. If your money is tied up in parts for the various outdrives (gear sets are very expensive) then give the guy back the new parts you ordered for his outdrive along with his outdrive.
I agree 100%

There is a letter from All American Drive Service that customers have received saying due to COVID and then the owner being in a very serious car accident they have permanently shut down. Customers who have drives at AADS can pick up the drives at the shop. No mention of refunds.

Back