Alkylated Naphthalenes for High Temperature Applications

Buster is a long-time member here who contributes a lot of useful information and does not waste our time with silly posts.

He is providing info that will be of interest to most. I'd drop the attitude if I was you, and maybe learn something.

Originally Posted by Imp4
This is not a great way to start a post.
Should we trust your link?
No background info....
Are you asking a question or making a statement here?
What is your view on this topic?

33.gif

The guy that has been here 17 years with >31,000 posts is having the legitimacy of his posting questioned by the guy with 1 year under his belt and less than 800? Good grief.

I believe that AN's were one of the 3 synthetic components in the older Mobil 1 'Tri-Synthetic' formula.
I also believe that this Tri-Syn formula was not one of Mobil 1's better versions but that may or may not be due to AN's.

Originally Posted by pbm
I believe that AN's were one of the components in the older Mobil 1 'Tri-Synthetic' formula.
I also believe that this Tri-Syn formula was not one of Mobil 1's better versions but that may or may not be due to AN's.

Tri-Syn was, IIRC: PAO, POE and AN.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
No background info....

33.gif

The guy that has been here 17 years with >31,000 posts is having the legitimacy of his posting questioned by the guy with 1 year under his belt and less than 800? Good grief.

YUP, think it's time all the "new breed of trolls" goes and jumps off a bridge.

No background info....

33.gif

Don't care who you are.
It's bad form to post a link with no background and no explanatory information.
cheers3.gif

No background info....

33.gif

Don't care who you are.
It's bad form to post a link with no background and no explanatory information.
cheers3.gif

I believe the title of the thread was sufficient to convey what was expected in the link
21.gif

Some more info on AN's

https://pubs.lubesngreases.com/magazine-emea/alkylated-naphthalenes-the-mystery-base-fluid/

I found this interesting:

"Some lubricant bench tests do not show the advantages observed with alkylated naphthalenes in the field unless the test conditions are stressed, such as running the four ball wear test at higher temperatures and loads than typical conditions, Hunter explained. She also observed that ANs like to be on the move. In dynamic systems, its that continual motion that enables them to inhibit the formation of deposits and varnish. Static bench test conditions dont always show this advantage."

"The lower polarity of ANs relative to esters can lead to formulations requiring less anti-wear additive."

Originally Posted by addyguy
Buster is a long-time member here who contributes a lot of useful information and does not waste our time with silly posts.

He is providing info that will be of interest to most. I'd drop the attitude if I was you, and maybe learn something.

Great post ^^^^^^ big +1

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by addyguy

Great post ^^^^^^ big +1

Dittos.

Back