Alcohol And Drug Addictions.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Get your $6 Cinnamon Cloud Macchiato and while waiting for your beverage you can shoot some heroin in Starbucks restroom.

Sick.... Very Sick & Nasty

But I guest this is what voters wanted in places like Seattle and San Francisco....

Hospital bathrooms have the very same thing. I prefer the needle in a proper receptacle vs a person(worker, child etc) getting p r icked.

Last edited:
I think addicts are selfish. I never cared about if I injured someone driving drunk. I knew it was probably dangerous but didnt care. I knew buying narcotics was illegal but, once again didn't give a rats tail. I been in probably a half a dozen rehabs, several jail stays and a prison sentence. Prison taught me that I was danger to society. I was one of those addicts who robbed. I had 6 retail theft convictions and even knocked the Walmart greeter down. Im not proud of these things. But Im no longer ashamed either. And that helps me from pickng up the first drink.

Last edited:
Alcohol and drugs are EQUAL OPPORTUNITY DESTROYERS

It doesn't matter who you are, where you came from, or where you're going. If you cross over that imaginary line, there ain't no going back.
I've seen sober almost 13 years. I couldn't have done it without AA. I tried every other way, until AA was the last option. I didn't want to be "one of those people"

Now I'm grateful I am. The level of acceptance and self-awareness I practice today is PRICELESS.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Get your $6 Cinnamon Cloud Macchiato and while waiting for your beverage you can shoot some heroin in Starbucks restroom.

Sick.... Very Sick & Nasty

But I guest this is what voters wanted in places like Seattle and San Francisco....

Airport bathrooms have them as well. You then hope the passenger next to you is not all drugged up.

I never understood the appeal of being constantly inebriated. When I drink too much my whole body aches. The people I know who drink or get high constantly have maturity issues,thinking it's "cute" to have a beer in their hand everywhere they go,making a total embarrassment and fool out of themselves. I thought that was fun in high school,but as a grown adult I matured out of it.

In regards to being inebriated and driving,imo that should be charges as premeditated capital murder,because you're knowingly playing Russian roulette with other people's lives.

I'm not sure if the love to be drunk and high is organic,or if it's a choice,but with me it just feels physically horrible to have any amount of alcohol in my system.

I was around drugs as a teenager , but limited myself to alcohol . At one time , I drank a fair amount . Quit around 1980 . Thank God !

Have seen drugs wreck several lives . :-(

Same with alcohol , but not quite as bad .

It's a disease, not something with an appeal . It's like not understanding the appeal of constantly coughing and spitting blood.

Phishin said:
It doesn't matter who you are, where you came from, or where you're going. If you cross over that imaginary line, there ain't no going back.
I've seen sober almost 13 years. I couldn't have done it without AA. I tried every other way, until AA was the last option. I didn't want to be "one of those people"
Now I'm grateful I am. The level of acceptance and self-awareness I practice today is PRICELESS.

13 years sober is great. But did you get sober the first time you walked into the rooms? I know I need a sponser and work the steps because I am tired of being locked up.

In regards to being inebriated and driving,imo that should be charges as premeditated capital murder,because you're knowingly playing Russian roulette with other people's lives.
aquariuscsm said:
Isn't that being a little "over dramatic"?? When I was in prison their were a few guys that had like 5 or 6 DUI's and I didn't really understand why they were there. We kind of snickered at that group because they really didn't understand the unwritten rules of prison.

Originally Posted by Willclark
I think we should have more compassion for people.

Does that include Uber and Lyft drivers?..

02SE said:
Does that include Uber and Lyft drivers?..

Yeah, I drove a city taxi in the late 90's, early 2000's. I had a drinking problem back then but rarely drove while under the influence. I still hater Uber. I do what I can for money now days because I am a convicted felon. I even applied at the local Wendy's and was denied. The store manager seemed nice but I think they were afraid to have me around the cash registers.

I've got an opioid and alcohol addicted brother. He and his wife are co-enablers. My brother used to be an excellent driver but has totalled 4 cars in 5 wrecks in the last year, and just got arrested for DUI - again. His last accident nearly killed his wife.

He's been to rehab 3x but cannot or will not break away from the situations and substances that rule his behavior. He is a fantastic guy when sober but a complete jerk (stronger language censored here) when drunk/high. He has lied, stolen meds, "borrowed" money and gotten handouts, all of which have helped him continue down his path. He talks a good talk about getting "off this sh--" but never takes any action.

He started with sniffing glue at about 7 years old, was selling weed in high school - and bragging about carrying $2000 in his pocket - and got into the dope a few years later after surgery, when he started licking the inside of his pain patches to get high.

At 54 years old the entire family thinks that jail or death is just over the horizon. We (5 siblings) have tried everything we know for at least the last 15-20 years. An intervention like the tv show would have him walking out and cursing all of us, including our 92-year old mother, who shouldn't have to be dealing with this.

Thanks for reading, yes it's a disease but the addict has to make the decision to change or no treatment will work. And even though I am personally far removed by distance from the situation it is still troubling and NOT a victimless crime.

I'm working this Summer for a lawn care service. I'm pulling weeds. mowing rich peoples lawns and half the crew drinks on the job. The boss hates me because I don't speak fluent Spanish. I need a better job but I have a felony robbery and weapons charges against me. I know I trashed Uber but I would love to drive for them at this point. I did 30 months in prison serving 22hrs of the day on "lock down". Just imagine that for a minute. 22 hrs a day in 6X9 cell with a cell mate. I think I lost any mental capacity I have left. I think I "served my time" and deserve a break.

I'm working this Summer for a lawn care service. I'm pulling weeds. mowing rich peoples lawns and half the crew drinks on the job. The boss hates me because I don't speak fluent Spanish. I need a better job but I have a felony robbery and weapons charges against me. I know I trashed Uber but I would love to drive for them at this point. I did 30 months in prison serving 22hrs of the day on "lock down". Just imagine that for a minute. 22 hrs a day in 6X9 cell with a cell mate. I think I lost any mental capacity I have left. I think I "served my time" and deserve a break.

Yet, per the other thread, you feel enlightened enough to advocate for punishing gas prices
21.gif

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Yet, per the other thread, you feel enlightened enough to advocate for punishing gas prices
21.gif

Yeah, it's funny but I'm a big advocate for cleaner air and see pollution a huge problem in certain cities. The nice church that sold me the 2004 Toyota Corolla to me for $1 gets really good gas milage and I try to drive as little as possible.

I'm finishing my 2 years of parole and have passed all the drug tests. But I thought the parole officer was there to offer a "helping hand" to the convict? Not so, I asked him about any job leads and he looked at me like I was insane. I don't smoke pot which is good because that drug stays in your system the longest.

Mr Nice said:
I agree, America needs higher taxes to build more prisons for criminals and people selling drugs.
I wasn't convicted for selling drugs though.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
21.gif

Yeah, it's funny but I'm a big advocate for cleaner air and see pollution a huge problem in certain cities. The nice church that sold me the 2004 Toyota Corolla to me for $1 gets really good gas milage and I try to drive as little as possible.

I guess my humour bone is broken, but I don't find it particularly funny?

Gleefully promoting punishment of folks who are driving to and from work, maybe dropping their kids off at daycare...etc, paying the taxes that have funded your incarceration. By your own admission, your life is a train wreck, perhaps trying to be a little more humble and not finding joy in the punishment of others would be a good start
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back