Akebono differences?

Shopping for brakes on our 2018 F150 and of course akebono comes up at the top of the recommendations. Having a hard time finding specifics on the differences between the ProACT and the ASP, though. Does anybody know how similar or different they are?

Are they all GG? Do they both have stainless shims? How’s the dust and cold weather bite? How’s the fare resistance?

With the times I've used them, the ASP are GG and the ProAct are FF. Backing plates and shims are the same. ASP make more dust than ProAct, but not an excessive amount. Noise is the same at minimal. They have similar bite, but the ASP feel like they have a bit more bite when you add more pressure to the pedal. I think the ProAct last longer.

I would go with ProAct unless you feel the vehicle needs a bump in brake performance.

I have a 2018 f150. Aside from oem and Hawk LTS, the raybestos element3 pads are my absolute favorite for this truck. More stopping power by a notable degree, greatly improved pedal feel. the element3 dusts slightly more than oem, significantly less than the hawk lts, and it’s a grey color instead of rust brown.

Shopping for brakes on our 2018 F150 and of course akebono comes up at the top of the recommendations. Having a hard time finding specifics on the differences between the ProACT and the ASP, though. Does anybody know how similar or different they are?

Are they all GG? Do they both have stainless shims? How’s the dust and cold weather bite? How’s the fare resistance?
My experiences with ASP and Pro Acts (on Toyota truck) are that ASP have better bite cold bite. Dust was roughly the same (not bad) for either pad and hardware was the same for both pads.

I spoke with Akebono rep once and they told me the ASP pads were the better pad, but it could have been a customer service talking point.

I have a 2018 f150. Aside from oem and Hawk LTS, the raybestos element3 pads are my absolute favorite for this truck. More stopping power by a notable degree, greatly improved pedal feel. the element3 dusts slightly more than oem, significantly less than the hawk lts, and it’s a grey color instead of rust brown.
I was going to say, I had ProACTs on my Accord before my current Element3s, and I far prefer the Raybestos. More bite and better feel at the pedal, plus they were cheaper. I'll be sticking with Raybestos going forward.

Back