Air Force One flying over my son's house

My only time on a 747 was round trip first class NY to Joburg.
Nice, but those trips to South Africa are looooong flights. I made a trip from LAX to Cape Town via Heathrow. I had a two hour layover in Heathrow, so for my point-to-point 30 hour trip, I was airborne 28 hours of it. 747 or not, I was ready to get off the plane by the time I got there. When I got to my hotel room in Cape Town I was shocked at how swollen my feet and ankles were. They looked like rubber gloves that had been blown up with compressed air!

Scott

I agree. I thought about blowing the money to do this but never did. Now I regret not doing it. After all these years the money I would have spent wouldn't have made any difference with our current finances.

Scott
Keep saving you sheckles , Boom and Overture will take you supersonic in the years to come. Maybe.

Keep saving you sheckles , Boom and Overture will take you supersonic in the years to come. Maybe.
One time when I was at Heathrow, I was near the end of the runway and saw a Concorde take off. The noise was astounding. I think they later put some sort of muffler type device on it to partially mitigate the noise. Cujet and Astro would probably know.

Scott

One time when I was at Heathrow, I was near the end of the runway and saw a Concorde take off. The noise was astounding. I think they later put some sort of muffler type device on it to partially mitigate the noise. Cujet and Astro would probably know.

Scott
Hanging out at Rockaway Beach in my youth gave me a couple of Concord views in flight from JFK.

Air Force 1 (Trump) flew over my house on his way to the first manned rocket launch by SpaceX. I did get a picture, but not as nice as the one the OP took.
I was surprised at how low it was flying. I could read some of the writing on it. The date was May 30, 2020.

Worked on these many years ago as a Aircraft Technician. It was awesome watching a fully loaded 747-400 during take off standing just off the end of the runway at night.

The Boom aircraft facility is currently under construction at PTIA in Greensboro, N.C. They’re currently doing the grading work at PTIA. They’re having trouble finding a company to mfg their engines. Rolls Royce and GE backed out a year or so ago. Hondajet has been building their planes here for about a decade.

I took my lovely wife to London for valentines day. Since I hadn't gotten her any flowers or candy I was in a bind. We left JFK on the morning of 14 February and landed in London just in time for afternoon tea - 3 hours and 18 minutes to cross the Atlantic. I am like many of you in the sense that I'm glad I did it when I had the chance. It was a luxury treat that I'll never forget. Plus, it got me out of the doghouse with the misses.
Concorde NY London.jpg
Concorde NY.jpg
Concorde.JPG

I took my lovely wife to London for valentines day. Since I hadn't gotten her any flowers or candy I was in a bind. We left JFK on the morning of 14 February and landed in London just in time for afternoon tea - 3 hours and 18 minutes to cross the Atlantic. I am like many of you in the sense that I'm glad I did it when I had the chance. It was a luxury treat that I'll never forget. Plus, it got me out of the doghouse with the misses.View attachment 136693View attachment 136694View attachment 136695
One thing I always liked about the Concorde was its long legs.

Scott

I wish I'd done it, but $300 was too much for me at the time.
You don't want to know what a walk-up fair to London cost. I don't think I could gain access to the Concorde Room (the lounge for Concorde passengers) for $300.

But, it's all just memories now. Never ever forget that life has an expiration date.

Back