Air Force One flying over my son's house

Biden was in town last week to meet Newsom and discuss flood damage in California. My son took a picture of Air Force One with his pricey camera as it flew over on its way to Moffett Field in Mountain View.

Scott

IMG_6307.jpeg

I think that is a very sharp looking airplane! I hope to fly on a 747 as a passenger or pilot someday.
While working I had the good fortune to fly on 747s on multiple occasions (Pan Am, United, British Airways, South African Airways, and Lufthansa). I loved them all.

The company I worked for permitted first class travel for international flights. I was flying back from Frankfurt on one of my trips and flew on a literally BRAND NEW Lufthansa 747. The flight attendants were the prettiest ones on Lufthansa's entire payroll. I remember their beaming smiles as we boarded. The Captain even made an announcement of our good fortune. They were so proud of their new airplane! I remember it smelled like a new car. I could have sipped water with a straw out of the lavatory sink and not fallen ill.

Last time I was on a 747 was in 2008, flying back from Cape Town. For me at least, flying on a 747 never got old.

Scott

Since you didn't care for it, I took it down.

Last edited:
Our area sees the Presidential planes quite often. PTIA is where they practice touch and go because of the close proximity to D.C. and the length of the runways. Cars pull off on the shoulders of Bryan Blvd, a main thoroughfare around Greensboro,N.C. to observe the take offs and landings. To see the flag on that beautiful plane makes an awesome sight and makes me proud to witness it!

When I lived in Brooklyn the sitting president came to town (Manhattan not Brooklyn).
Air Force 1 (actually not, as the Chief Exec. was on land) made 5 or 6 wide circles for display.
It couldn't've been a professional photo op as the air was quite thick with haze/smog.
The circuit omitted Staten Island-which I thought was abhorrent !

While Air Force One is top shelf in the power and symbolism department, I thought the repeated fly-around was a dopey looking.

Korean Air....NYC-Seuol-Sydney and back. 747-400's on all legs.
Very nice people, flawless service and you could eat off the floor. Even the exteriors of KA's jets looked cleaner than others.

While working I had the good fortune to fly on 747s on multiple occasions (Pan Am, United, British Airways, South African Airways, and Lufthansa). I loved them all.

The company I worked for permitted first class travel for international flights. I was flying back from Frankfurt on one of my trips and flew on a literally BRAND NEW Lufthansa 747. The flight attendants were the prettiest ones on Lufthansa's entire payroll. I remember their beaming smiles as we boarded. The Captain even made an announcement of our good fortune. They were so proud of their new airplane! I remember it smelled like a new car. I could have sipped water with a straw out of the lavatory sink and not fallen ill.

Last time I was on a 747 was in 2008, flying back from Cape Town. For me at least, flying on a 747 never got old.

Scott
My only time on a 747 was round trip first class NY to Joburg.

Back