Advice for young BITOG males...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They become their mother...always.

So wanna see what they will be like in 25 years time ?

look at the mother.

You'll get lulled into a sense of stupidity with lines like
"I hate how Mum does that...if I EVER do that, you have to tell me so I don't turn out like that"

Now...assuming that (and I know you will) you ignore my first bit of advice...please DO NOT ignore my second.

When she DOES do that...and she will...do not EVER fulfill that 20 year old promise...just look away, and suck it up.

Together 27 years, married 5...kids are 16 and 14.

Oh...and the ring DOES change everything...

Last edited:
I feel this is less 'advice' and more of a fact that I hope isn't true.
lol.gif

My wife and her mother couldn't be on more opposite ends of the spectrum, and for my kids and my own sake I hope she's that odd one that doesn't go down that road.... she acts more like my mother
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by Skippy722
My wife and her mother couldn't be on more opposite ends of the spectrum, and for my kids and my own sake I hope she's that odd one that doesn't go down that road.... she acts more like my mother
crazy2.gif

early 30s ???

Originally Posted by Shannow
They become their mother...always.

So wanna see what they will be like in 25 years time ?

look at the mother.

You'll get lulled into a sense of stupidity with lines like
"I hate how Mum does that...if I EVER do that, you have to tell me so I don't turn out like that"

Now...assuming that (and I know you will) you ignore my first bit of advice...please DO NOT ignore my second.

When she DOES do that...and she will...do not EVER fulfill that 20 year old promise...just look away, and suck it up.

At first, I was a bit confused, but I get it now.
Your thread is titled for BITOG males, but the implication I believe is that you're speaking of the female and her mother, not the male and his mother ...
Read it directly and you'll see what I mean. "Advice for young BITOG males ... They become their mother ... always."
It makes a whole lot more sense when the inference becomes "girls become their mothers ..." (reading from "males" to "they" is a technically what you stated)
Because at first, I really was struggling to find the sense in it!
crazy2.gif

BTW - I totally agree now that I re-read it in the correct context.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Skippy722
crazy2.gif

early 30s ???

lol.gif

thumbsup2.gif
01.gif
12.gif

In my case it was the grandmother. in the 20s moaned and complained about how strict, loud and bossy her grandmother that babysat her when she was pre and early teens was. Didn't dreaded visiting her. Now I'm seeing remarkably similar interactions with our early and pre teens...... Should I point out the irony......nope.

Last edited:
dnewton...yes, agreed re-reading it as opposed to posting it.

Your post wasn't wrong; it's just that I first read it in the opposite context and it sent me reeling. I thought "What is he getting at ???"
And then the little light-bulb came on and I awoke from the slumber of my own stupidity.
lol.gif

I can presume you had to look away and suck it up recently?
That's become my methodology over the last few years. I used to argue with her; now I just mumble to myself and head out to the barn.

dnewton...I've found new ways of picking fights lately.

e.g. today, was pegging washing up and taking washing down (wet stuff goes up while dry stuff goes down...it's easy)...now when I peg stuff up...stuff that was "gunner" be done later, we have to get followed with a rehanging of clothes and commentary on "that's not how I hang those items" (no probs thinks I, as they weren't being hung anyway...

So today, taking down the dry stuff, and hanging up the wet stuff.

she checks the pegging and the hang, then the feel..." that's too wet"

...ummmm...just hung it up 2 minutes ago...the dry stuff is in the other basket...

No, it's too wet for even wet washing...the spin cycle dries it better when I do it...

In other words, don't get married. If I had a dime for every unhappy married couple I've come across in my life, I'd have a lot of dimes. 🤣 seriously, I can do miserable all by myself.

Originally Posted by Red91
In other words, don't get married. If I had a dime for every unhappy married couple I've come across in my life, I'd have a lot of dimes. 🤣 seriously, I can do miserable all by myself.

Agreed...I can fail..I will accept that.

But the washing machine doing a better job when it's not MY finger pressing the play button does my head in...

Originally Posted by Red91

Agreed...I can fail..I will accept that.

But the washing machine doing a better job when it's not MY finger pressing the play button does my head in...

It's all your fault, mate /s

They become their mother...always.....

My mother told me this very same thing.

My own additional two cents. The partner you chose to hitch your wagon to is, at least partially, a reflection of your own judgment.

Oh and of course we males will take on some of the characteristics of our fathers.

dnewton...I've found new ways of picking fights lately.

e.g. today, was pegging washing up and taking washing down (wet stuff goes up while dry stuff goes down...it's easy)...now when I peg stuff up...stuff that was "gunner" be done later, we have to get followed with a rehanging of clothes and commentary on "that's not how I hang those items" (no probs thinks I, as they weren't being hung anyway...

So today, taking down the dry stuff, and hanging up the wet stuff.

she checks the pegging and the hang, then the feel..." that's too wet"

...ummmm...just hung it up 2 minutes ago...the dry stuff is in the other basket...

No, it's too wet for even wet washing...the spin cycle dries it better when I do it...

ROFL! Awesome. Here's a funny story. My Italian great aunt and uncle were in their 70's when this exchange occurred at a family cookout.

Great aunt walks out on to the porch and yells "Hey Al, are my socks black or blue?"

Great uncle from across the yard, "They're black !"

Great aunt "Oh thank god, I would've killed myself if they were blue"

Great uncle "Oh, well then they're blue!".

Entire family falls out laughing.

Try this one out:

"So dear, you're saying washing is women's work? Fine by me."

Yeah, I don't have the stones either. Sorry to tell you mate but after the kids leave there's no one else to blame for anything...

How about if they have two moms? Bio mom and the aunt that raised her.. Interesting sometimes but I don't put up with it. Guess I spent too much time with my grandpa. If grandma was being stupid oh he'sd let her know. They were married over 60 years so must of not been bad. Mom never did any of that with dad that I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back