action poll ... data desired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
example: http://newschannel9.com/news/local/off-d...land-restaurant

I have two questions ...
(Please stick to the questions; don't get this locked because you cannot control your P. You should be able to answer these with simple "Yes" or "No", and not go off into the abyss of P. I don't need to know your motivations or entertain comments. I'm looking to get some tabulated polar data; simple yes or no will suffice.)

1) Do you alter your dining/shopping experiences based upon where you can carry?
IOW - do you prefer to eat where you can carry, rather than leave it in the car?

2) For places that are posted as no-carry, do you contact them (locally or corporate) and tell them you're not a consumer because you cannot carry in their establishment?
I mean actually, really communicate the loss of your business; not just say you will get around to it, but actually DO CONTACT THEM in some manner and inform them?

1-A) Sometimes. It depends upon the neighborhood.
1-B) Yes

2) I have in the past, but now, NO. I just choose restaurants that are very handicap favored and don't worry about it anymore.

I'm with Billt460

1 is 'no'. Ill eat where I (blank) well want to. Packing a piece won't change that.

2 is also 'no'. What they don't know won't hurt them . . besides, if they get knocked over while I'm there, well, I figure their policy kicks in and I reserve the right to do nothing to intervene (unless I become the object of the perps)

I live in Florida, so nowhere is really off limits except the jail, courthouse, and mental hospitals, etc. I tend not to eat my meals at such places.

If a sign was posted, I would ignore it as it does not have any weight of law behind it. And I know a lot more about personal security than some moron that posted a sigh for a dumb reason.

I THINK my local mall/movie theater has a no guns sign but I bypass it and do not honor their request. In fact, when I go there I actually bring more gun than usual.

Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: salesrep
Originally Posted By: billt460
1.) No..... I eat and go anywhere I choose. And the fact I am carrying a weapon does not alter those choices in any way.

2.) No..... I do not "contact them". I simply carry anyway. They made their choice, and I've made mine.

thumbsup2.gif

Same here.

And another...

What sign?
smile.gif

"Law and Order" Party - ppffffttt

hypocrite much?

Originally Posted By: surfstar

"Law and Order" Party - ppffffttt

hypocrite much?

Couldn't resist the P, Surfstar?

It was an easy thread:

(Please stick to the questions; don't get this locked because you cannot control your P. You should be able to answer these with simple "Yes" or "No", and not go off into the abyss of P. I don't need to know your motivations or entertain comments. I'm looking to get some tabulated polar data; simple yes or no will suffice.)

1.) No..... I eat and go anywhere I choose. And the fact I am carrying a weapon does not alter those choices in any way.

2.) No..... I do not "contact them". I simply carry anyway. They made their choice, and I've made mine.

This.

Except at work...could get fired for that one.

Last edited:

Me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back