Accord 1.5 T Pro/Con?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Cujet
Although really not addressed in this thread, the Accord is much more of a drivers car than the Camry. The new Camry is so unresponsive it's frustrating at times to drive, as it takes work to keep up with traffic. I understand the Camry is tuned for economy and it does deliver at 35mpg. However, the poor accelerator response really irritates me. I've even noticed that the Camry drops behind traffic speed without any pedal position change, very weird. It "lets off the gas" for you, whether you like it or not.

The Accord, in any trim, is a much more pleasing choice. It's also quieter.

That's interesting.

My fiancée's Civic has a lot of tire noise. It has a sort of fabric insulation in the wheel wells, which, I suspect, Honda out there to try to isolate tire noise. But it's still pretty loud.

The 18" Si wheels I bought and put on it are louder than the stock 16s, I think.

Originally Posted by Cujet
Although really not addressed in this thread, the Accord is much more of a drivers car than the Camry. The new Camry is so unresponsive it's frustrating at times to drive, as it takes work to keep up with traffic. I understand the Camry is tuned for economy and it does deliver at 35mpg. However, the poor accelerator response really irritates me. I've even noticed that the Camry drops behind traffic speed without any pedal position change, very weird. It "lets off the gas" for you, whether you like it or not.

The Accord, in any trim, is a much more pleasing choice. It's also quieter.

Between the Accord and the Camry, the Accord has always been the driver's car of the pair.
Accords going back over the past six generations have also been quiet cars for their respective days.
But then, I've owned six of them, so I guess I might be a little biased, or maybe just experienced?

Only thing I really don't like about the Accord is they are kind of ugly.

Just like the Maxima they have gotten big and bloated. Gone are the good looks and sexy lines.

I'm an accord fan but I have to agree. In my opinion the civic has far better lines. It is also the size of the accords I grew up with, and larger than the ones that came out in the early-mid 80s. But the accord interiors are also a step up from the civic. Hard call.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

Just like the Maxima they have gotten big and bloated. Gone are the good looks and sexy lines.

Ha! I really like the new look. Funny how people have different tastes. Although the Accord tail lights do look like "staplers" . Hmmm, maybe I'm biased, as I base a lot of my opinions on how a car drives.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice

the new accords are kind of ugly... especially from the side view they look like banana boats.

to OP

If I were you, I would have wait for a facelift version that is due for 2021 model year which is just around the corner; the only thing I don't like about it, its that tail lights

Accord is high on my purchasing list for my next car when the time comes

Owner of a 2018 Accord Touring with the 1.5T here.

For 97% of the population, it's a great car. For those who lean more on the enthusiast side, I strongly encourage you to get the 2.0. The 1.5 w/ CVT is peppy and smooth but it is definitely not a drivers car. If I had it to do over again, I would drop down a trim level and use the savings to get the 2.0. I've put about 25,000 miles on mine. Have not had 1 issue with it (minus some minor brake issues when new, resolved over time). The oil does smell like gas (every time I catch a whiff it smells like you're opening the doors on an outdoor shed in August that has a couple mowers in it). You can smell the gas for sure. To compensate, I tend to run a frankenbrew of 0w20 (recommended) and either an 0w30 or a 5w30. Why? Because it makes me feel better. Is it actually doing anything useful to do that? Likely not.

Otherwise, I do like the car. I found the road noise to be excessive so I applied sound deadening mats to the inside of all 4 doors, the trunk lid, speaker deck and trunk floor. Much better.

Get the color silver, get the 2.0T and cruise. It's a good car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back