AC DELCO PF 48 CUT OPEN

This filter and unknown oil was off friends 2017 Ram 1500 with 5.7 HEMI engine. Think he said he put m1 5w20 in last time. Put some HPL NO VII 5w20 in along with Fram endurance filter. Truck has 60,112 on it.

Attachments

• IMG_5861.jpeg
    IMG_5861.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5864.jpeg
    IMG_5864.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5865.jpeg
    IMG_5865.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5866.jpeg
    IMG_5866.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5867.jpeg
    IMG_5867.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5869.jpeg
    IMG_5869.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5870.jpeg
    IMG_5870.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5868.jpeg
    IMG_5868.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5871.jpeg
    IMG_5871.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 54
I will forever have a soft spot for AC Delco oil filters because the ADBV in 'em always held back a quart of oil in the family's Saab applications.
Other filters must've let the upper oil drain down as there was never any "held back" oil when I removed them.

I will forever have a soft spot for AC Delco oil filters because the ADBV in 'em always held back a quart of oil in the family's Saab applications.
Other filters must've let the upper oil drain down as there was never any "held back" oil when I removed them.
Interesting . . . I may consider one of these for my Subaru.

I went shopping for the Subaru version of this filter, PF2057. At the retailers site was included the following "Product Information" pdf. Jump to the last paragraph, there is a very precise 51 psi caveat;

"It is equipped with a burst-strength five times greater than most engine oil operating pressures, after the oil reaches operating temperatures (as long as the normal engine oil operating pressure is not greater than 51psi)..."

Questions-
1. Does this mean the filter can take a maximum of 51 psi?
2. Or does it mean if the 51 psi is exceeded, instead of 5X burst strength it is reduced to less than 5X?

I know for a fact the oil pressure in my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee reaches 80psi when accelerating onto the freeway.

Part Number: PF2057
Part Description: Engine Oil Filter
Market Description: Engine Oil Filter
Marketing Statement - Product Line: There's no better way to keep things clean than with high quality ACDelco Oil Filters. ACDelco Oil Filters obtain optimal filtering capacity by providing the most advanced filtering technology in each and every filter. With a variety of Professional, premium aftermarket and Specialty Oil Filters to choose from that fit both GM and non-GM Vehicles, ACDelco Oil Filters are ready todo the dirty work so you and your car don't have to.

Marketing Statement - Sub Brand: You can rest assured that ACDelco Professional, premium aftermarket Oil Filters set the standard in engine protection and keep your vital engine parts running at optimal efficiency. ACDelco Professional, premium aftermarket Oil Filters are equipped with cellulose synthetic blended media, designed with burst strength up to five times greater than engine operating pressure, and are designed with optimal filtering capacity to protect your vital engine components.

Warranty Statement CA: 12 Months / 20,000 Kilometers (Parts Only)Warranty Statement Dealer US: 24 Month / Unlimited Mile Limited Warranty on parts sold on or after04/01/18. (Parts Only) Please see the GM Dealer Parts and Accessories Policies and Procedures Manual for more details.

Warranty Statement US: 24 Month / Unlimited Mile Limited Warranty on parts sold on or after 04/01/18.(Parts Only) Please see ACDelco.com for more details.

Product Description: An ACDelco Professional, premium aftermarket Engine Oil Filter helps ensure aclean supply of oil to engine components. It is equipped with a burst-strength five times greater than most engine oil operating pressures, after the oil reaches operating temperatures (as long as the normal engine oil operating pressure is not greater than 51psi), for enhanced durability. This premium after market replacement engine oil filter is manufactured to meet your expectations for fit, form, and function.

I went shopping for the Subaru version of this filter, PF2057. At the retailers site was included the following "Product Information" pdf. Jump to the last paragraph, there is a very precise 51 psi caveat;

"It is equipped with a burst-strength five times greater than most engine oil operating pressures, after the oil reaches operating temperatures (as long as the normal engine oil operating pressure is not greater than 51psi)..."

Questions-
1. Does this mean the filter can take a maximum of 51 psi?
2. Or does it mean if the 51 psi is exceeded, instead of 5X burst strength it is reduced to less than 5X?

I know for a fact the oil pressure in my 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee reaches 80psi when accelerating onto the freeway.

Part Number: PF2057
Part Description: Engine Oil Filter
Market Description: Engine Oil Filter
Marketing Statement - Product Line: There's no better way to keep things clean than with high quality ACDelco Oil Filters. ACDelco Oil Filters obtain optimal filtering capacity by providing the most advanced filtering technology in each and every filter. With a variety of Professional, premium aftermarket and Specialty Oil Filters to choose from that fit both GM and non-GM Vehicles, ACDelco Oil Filters are ready todo the dirty work so you and your car don't have to.

Marketing Statement - Sub Brand: You can rest assured that ACDelco Professional, premium aftermarket Oil Filters set the standard in engine protection and keep your vital engine parts running at optimal efficiency. ACDelco Professional, premium aftermarket Oil Filters are equipped with cellulose synthetic blended media, designed with burst strength up to five times greater than engine operating pressure, and are designed with optimal filtering capacity to protect your vital engine components.

Warranty Statement CA: 12 Months / 20,000 Kilometers (Parts Only)Warranty Statement Dealer US: 24 Month / Unlimited Mile Limited Warranty on parts sold on or after04/01/18. (Parts Only) Please see the GM Dealer Parts and Accessories Policies and Procedures Manual for more details.

Warranty Statement US: 24 Month / Unlimited Mile Limited Warranty on parts sold on or after 04/01/18.(Parts Only) Please see ACDelco.com for more details.

Product Description: An ACDelco Professional, premium aftermarket Engine Oil Filter helps ensure aclean supply of oil to engine components. It is equipped with a burst-strength five times greater than most engine oil operating pressures, after the oil reaches operating temperatures (as long as the normal engine oil operating pressure is not greater than 51psi), for enhanced durability. This premium after market replacement engine oil filter is manufactured to meet your expectations for fit, form, and function.

I read it as the 5X burst pressure will be reduced.

Just my $0.02

Got to have some what of an upgrade to offer a more expensive improved version for more $. The auto mfgrs. even offer 5 or 6 different trim levels for the same vehicle. Same thing.
Like getting leather seats in a W/T. Not possible but……

I've been using hose filters on my 4.8, Seem great. The last one I cut open looked like a solid filter. 5 bucks at Walmart in the US seems like a good bang for your buck filter.

Back