A3 oil in gasoline engine asking for C3 - Risks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there are few others. Lukoil Genesis Premium 5w40 being a good example (Made in Romania). kVisc100 = 13.7 in TDS, 15.14 (!!) in a russian VOA, Noack 8.4 !
voa

Have you seen Motorex in Switzerland?

Originally Posted By: volodymyr
The oil looks interesting. It is the first time I see MB 229.51 and Porsche A40 combined.

Interesting, I thought the two were mutually exclusive. Usually you see 229.51 and Porsche C30 together.

Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46
Interesting, I thought the two were mutually exclusive. Usually you see 229.51 and Porsche C30 together.

Exactly ...

Hello zveroboy,

Originally Posted By: zveroboy
Have you seen Motorex in Switzerland?

Yep, there is plenty of Motorex oil in Switzerland
smile.gif
In supermarkets, garages, etc. However, the price is expensive even here.

P.S. I found it in local supermarket. The price is 25 USD per liter: https://www.bauundhobby.ch/hobby-+-sport/autozubeh%C3%B6r/%C3%B6l/motorex-motoren%C3%B6l-select-sp-x-5w-40-1-l/C080702/P3846334/de

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 1JZ_E46

I checked the official Porsche list and the oil (SELECT SP-X SAE 5W/40) is in the official list for A40 specification
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: volodymyr
The oil looks interesting. It is the first time I see MB 229.51 and Porsche A40 combined.

A MB229.51 C3 A40 combined in Total Ineo MC3 5W40 is common here but not popular vis-a-vis M1 0W40 .

Originally Posted By: NGRhodes
You will struggle to find a thick C3 oil as there is a minimum economy requirement that A3 does not have.

Not for xw40, only xw30 requires 1% fuel economy improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back