A question that plagues mankind or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most profound thread of the day ...

I hear that on Sunday, a local friend looked around at something or somebody while riding her bike on the local rail trail. She hit the fence bordering the trail, breaking her helmet and thumb. (Same principle, but we have no mooses (meece?) here).

This is a well know phenomena in motorcycle riding. You go where you look.

So if you want to square off a corner, look down the track and go. The further out ahead you look, the smoother your cornering will be
smile.gif

If you actually want to hit that tree or rock or whatever, just stare at it, you will ...

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno

So if you want to square off a corner, look down the track and go. The further out ahead you look, the smoother your cornering will be
smile.gif

If you actually want to hit that tree or rock or whatever, just stare at it, you will ...

So true. Look where you want the bike to go. Even on fast road bicycles. If you stare at the riders back tire, its the last thing you see before hitting him and going down.

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
Have you ever tried to turn your head while running on e treadmill ?

I do that once in a while. I always grab the handle when doing that. Otherwise it's easy to fall off.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno

smile.gif

X2. Fixation. Notice where a GP or Superbike racers eyes are pointed.

Never knew how much I lane drifted while sight seeing until getting the Tahoe … it’s constantly nudging me back …
We went up through an area with miles and miles of wildflowers and confirmed this is a real issue …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back