A day of running around the Metro doing stuff! 10°F cloudy winters day.

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
A day of Metro errand running. Interstate, boulevards, and residential roads.
20240112_155845.jpg

I mean, I’d be thrilled. How heavy is the mav?
around 3600 lb. the best part of the experience was how well the heated this and that kept the interior toasty. The heated seats and steering wheel got hot quick after each stop. On the way home it was 9° with a 30 mph headwind and we were toasty with the heat set to 72°. For a inexpensive vehicle it works well not matter what you ask of it.

Last edited:
What you show is nothing unusual. Once the engine eventually warmed up, you ran it warmed up for the day as you did your errands much of it on the interstate. Not a big deal to me.

What you show is nothing unusual. Once the engine eventually warmed up, you ran it warmed up for the day as you did your errands much of it on the interstate. Not a big deal to me.
It did completely cool down while we had a surprisingly good lunch at Applebee's. Also was in the furniture store for about a half hour. The whole day it never got the coolant to where it usually goes in normal weather.

we had a surprisingly good lunch at Applebee's
What did you have? How hungry were you? My Mom used to say, "Hunger is good sauce".

Re engine heating: I'm a fan of radiator shields in cold weather.
I fully accept that the general public isn't attentive enough to know when to operate them.
In Scandinavia I saw vehicles with a chain pull roll-down blind ahead of the radiator.
I'd like that with today's smaller engines.

What did you have? How hungry were you? My Mom used to say, "Hunger is good sauce".
At least in Kansas City the casual quick sit down places have really upped their game. I'm on a four game winning streak. I had a double burger that was perfect in every respect, including the garlic mayo on the side.

It did completely cool down while we had a surprisingly good lunch at Applebee's. Also was in the furniture store for about a half hour. The whole day it never got the coolant to where it usually goes in normal weather.
Engine was still warm. Let it sit for a couple hours and I believe it has cooled down. Still not overly impressed where I would do back flips over it.

It warmed waaaay up to -12 at 2:45 here in SD.
View attachment 198247
+6 now. maybe -10° overnight for 3 nights in a row coming up.
Engine was still warm. Let it sit for a couple hours and I believe it has cooled down. Still not overly impressed where I would do back flips over it.
Was not trying to impress you. Merely passing along info about hybrids driven in their least favorable conditions. Why always so negative?

+6 now. maybe -10° overnight for 3 nights in a row coming up.

Was not trying to impress you. Merely passing along info about hybrids driven in their least favorable conditions. Why always so negative?
Yes plenty of cold weather to go around. I like the seasons however January is not my favorite month. I do like these new hybrids that are out there too.

Back