Day Trippin' in the Maverick

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
I posted this in a thread at MaverickTruckClub.com titled "

In what ways has your Maverick EXCEEDED expectations?

"

A one day observation in the life of my Maverick Hybrid. The date was Saturday July 8th.

It was a rather cool day in the Metro KC area for being well into July. The Maverick was garaged. The Ave MPG for the currently half full tank was 40.4mpg.

Upon exiting the garage the ICE did not start as usual. Just the ASMR chirp of my own personal OSHA beeper. My lady friend and traveling partner in crime commented how quiet the car was as we ventured out of town a bit. The A/C was set on 73°, fan speed on #3. As we pulled onto the highway The ICE kicked in and the power meter was showing 30%. After a few seconds we were flowing with traffic and the Mav kicked into Electric. Our first destination was 23 miles away.

On the way there were many miles of fresh asphalt with some nice sweeping turns. Once the Mav was warmed up the truck was in electric mode about half the time. Again we both commented on how quiet the interior was on these smooth roads at moderate speeds.

After leaving the first destination the truck was warm inside only for a few seconds, the A/C doing a great job quickly. Our next destination was about 7 miles away of city stop and go at 45 mph or less, with minimal ride discomfort over mottled pavement at times. At our second destination arrivals the trip mpg was 56.7 for the 7 mile trip. 4.9 miles of electric.

At the end of the pleasant comfortable trip in the Maverick, the MPG for the tank rose 1.6 MPG after about 55-60 miles of driving yesterday.

Conclusion: Fantastic frugal urban runner.

I haven't looked into them before asking this so pre-forgive me.
Do you have a specific engine in your Maverick or do they all come with the same powertrain (which I suspect is the case)?
FWD come as a 2.5L Hybrid with CVT. AWD come with a 2.0L Turbo with an 8-speed auto.

Buddies Hybrid

IMG_0259.jpg

they are VERY rare in my area!!! hard to get or most are happy with their expensive to buy + run TANKS aka 4 dr 4 WW pickups! one thing for sure theres LESS local traffic + they are mostly smaller SUV's!! unless you drive a LOT spending $$$$ on a newer overpriced vehicle is CENTLESS!!

The price of the 2024 has shot up considerably and the hybrid is no longer the base engine. Now the gas only is the base.

I posted this in a thread at MaverickTruckClub.com titled "

In what ways has your Maverick EXCEEDED expectations?

"

A one day observation in the life of my Maverick Hybrid. The date was Saturday July 8th.

It was a rather cool day in the Metro KC area for being well into July. The Maverick was garaged. The Ave MPG for the currently half full tank was 40.4mpg.

Upon exiting the garage the ICE did not start as usual. Just the ASMR chirp of my own personal OSHA beeper. My lady friend and traveling partner in crime commented how quiet the car was as we ventured out of town a bit. The A/C was set on 73°, fan speed on #3. As we pulled onto the highway The ICE kicked in and the power meter was showing 30%. After a few seconds we were flowing with traffic and the Mav kicked into Electric. Our first destination was 23 miles away.

On the way there were many miles of fresh asphalt with some nice sweeping turns. Once the Mav was warmed up the truck was in electric mode about half the time. Again we both commented on how quiet the interior was on these smooth roads at moderate speeds.

After leaving the first destination the truck was warm inside only for a few seconds, the A/C doing a great job quickly. Our next destination was about 7 miles away of city stop and go at 45 mph or less, with minimal ride discomfort over mottled pavement at times. At our second destination arrivals the trip mpg was 56.7 for the 7 mile trip. 4.9 miles of electric.

At the end of the pleasant comfortable trip in the Maverick, the MPG for the tank rose 1.6 MPG after about 55-60 miles of driving yesterday.

Conclusion: Fantastic frugal urban runner.
Im a big fan of the Maverick. It just seems like a great little rig. Ive currently got a '15 Honda Accord with 205K on it and Im probably going to be looking at replacing it in the next 5 years or so. When the time comes, as much as I want a Tacoma, Im going to have to give the Maverick a real serious look.

Back