A/C turning off with throttle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rand
With gas pedal tuning from "throttle by wire" halfway down is close to full throttle
so its reasonable they turn off the A/C.

Operating as intended.

check with a dealer but I am fairly certain it does this so it can maximize power for anything over a certain throttle. Like I said, I would check with a reputable dealer and see if they agree.

V6 town and country did the same, and it was plenty quick for a minivan. It did it to protect the compressor. In fact, it wasn't implemented originally but a flash came out for it later - they wouldn't have done that unless it was a real thing.

I've driven dozens of different 2010+ cars and have never noticed the AC blowing warm on fairly moderate acceleration. Something doesn't seem right here.

My 2008 honda civic did this, but if I remember correctly it was based on RPM. Over a certain RPM it was off (VTEC for days). May have been off at WOT at any RPM also.

Are the windows tinted?

Huper optik helps keep it cool and helps the car survive a few seconds without the compressor running all out.

Originally Posted By: Coprolite
Are the windows tinted?

Huper optik helps keep it cool and helps the car survive a few seconds without the compressor running all out.
This is Phoenix, of course the windows are tinted lol.

Big difference between run of the mill tint and the good stuff...
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Coprolite
Are the windows tinted?

This is Phoenix, of course the windows are tinted lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back