9mm handgun recommendation

I was going to recommend that you shoot an HK VP9 before making your choice. But I'm pretty sure that HK has not bothered getting any of their firearms on the California approved list.

My second recommendation would be a Walther PDP, which replaced the PPQ. I had a PPQ, and it was a very nice pistol. The PDP is supposed to be even nicer. I don't know if the PDP is on the California approved list either. But I'm pretty sure the Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 is, and I heard a lot of good about them.
Oops. Looks like I was wrong. The VP9 is on the approved list, in four different variations. And the S&W M&P 2.0 is also on the list.

As I said earlier, I highly recommend you shoot a VP9. The VP9 has one of the best triggers you will get on a striker fire pistol. And it is simply a well made pistol all the way around. It is in a totally different class than any of the Glock offerings.

CZ 75 without hesitation. Well made, reliable and accurate.

Knowing that mine was going to be crushed after the ban, i abused it terribly. I shot hundreds of rounds through it without so much as a wipe down, that pistol just refused to stop working. I would have another in a heart beat. It is now probably providing great service as a drain cover somewhere.

VP9SK with Holosun and cowitness sights.
IMG_0901.jpeg

Another fan of the CZ75 pistols here. Buy an all steel or at least alloy framed double action hammer fired pistol and forget anything made of polymer, striker fired and with a safety lever on the trigger. Life is too short to own an ugly gun made in a mold.

You don't need a rail for a light or other accessory nor any kind of optics. Spend the money on ammunition and practice.

I bought a new BRG Elite9 which is a Turkish clone of the Springfield XD9 just over a year ago from Vance Outdoor for $189.00. Mine has been stellar so far. A friend liked mine so much he bought one from Classic Firearms a few months ago but the price had risen to $249.00. However, They seem to be out of stock everywhere now.

IMG_1429.jpeg

I bought a new BRG Elite9 which is a Turkish clone of the Springfield XD9 just over a year ago from Vance Outdoor for $189.00. Mine has been stellar so far. A friend liked mine so much he bought one from Classic Firearms a few months ago but the price had risen to $249.00. However, They seem to be out of stock everywhere now.

View attachment 213447
Is it on the California Approved list?

View attachment 213447
Unfamiliar with BRG but that’s a steal at that price.

My answer, selecting a handgun for someone else is like buying underwear for someone else, it aint gonna work,,,lmaorof
It's not that complicated.

Fruit of the Loom briefs - 38 revolver
Hanes boxer shorts - Glock 19
Calvin Kline boxer briefs - Sig P365
Banana hammock - .50AE Dessert Eagle

The first three will work for everybody if not perfectly, and the last one... Well you know who you are. :LOL:

My mistake! It is a Trijicon RMR. I have a Holosun 507K on my FN Reflex. Brain fart
No worries - Have a couple of Trijicons, one on my Echelon - but the price is daunting (yes, I know about their program for military, but they only allow one reflex sight per calendar year, and I've bought mine already) so I was considering getting Holosun for the next build/project - a Brownells G19 slide on an existing G19.

No worries - Have a couple of Trijicons, one on my Echelon - but the price is daunting (yes, I know about their program for military, but they only allow one reflex sight per calendar year, and I've bought mine already) so I was considering getting Holosun for the next build/project - a Brownells G19 slide on an existing G19.
Holosun is a great optic! I doubt it is as durable as the Trijicon, but I don’t subject mine to military grade abuse.

Back