95 Yamaha Wolverine

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading most of the threads in this section it sounds like I should switch to Rotella from Yamalube. Looks like factory specs say SAE20W40 for temps to 32 degrees. While it is driven below that a few mornings a year doesnt happen often.
So which product and weight should I use? How often should I change it.
Any good filter that I might find at a local store or national chain?
Last what would be a great final gear and differential oil to use? Manual says SAE80API "GLY-4" Hypoid for final and either SAE80 or SAE 80W-90 "GL-5" Hypoid gear oil for L.S.D. Not sure I understand this... can I use the same lube for both chunks?
Appreciate the advice guys!

I have used rotella syn for years in a Wolverine without incident. It weeps from the lower jug seal I am too lazy to replace. I did the rebuild so it is my fault. M1 10W 40 High Mileage reduced the slow leak, but did not seem as smooth on the wet clutch. Both Oils have worked fine in multiple ATV's for me.

Good Luck!

Doesn't the 95 have the old 350 air cooled engine? Not sure if it even has an oil filter. 10-or 15W40 works good.

Thanks for all the info. Got the oil changed with Rotella. Wow, what a difference in gear shifting! Seems to run a bit smoother as well.

Originally Posted By: ridgerunner
Doesn't the 95 have the old 350 air cooled engine? Not sure if it even has an oil filter. 10-or 15W40 works good.

Yes it has a filter,a fine screen filter..

It has a screen right over the drain plug. It also has a paper filter on the passenger side. Not a screw on though. I couldnt find an aftermarket around here so had to visit the yamaha shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back