'86 C10 long bed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very, very nice indeed Malo83. Awesome in fact
smile.gif

RooflessVW take it for your own... You have the ability to fix it up into what it really could be. Dishdude was exactly right in what he said earlier in the thread.

One days years from now after your dad is gone.... Driving that truck will mean a WHOLE LOT to you. That my friend is what living and life is really all about.

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger

If the trans is a 700R4, slipping could be caused by a bad TV cable. Or the whole thing is just toast. Do you want a little side project? Rebuild it!
grin.gif

If it's an 86 it is a Turbo 350C.

Nope. TH700 showed up before 1986. (1983, IIRC.) Unless it's a heavy-half with a TH400, it should have a 700.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
That truck is well worth fixing up and using. A transmission for these is pretty cheap.

I'm going to hang on to it. It'll be a good truck and it's always nice to have a truck around. It's basically rust-free and the body is straight.

Going to freshen up the motor and rebuild/replace the transmission. Put a good polish on it, get a saddle blanket for the seats, and it'll probably be around for my kids to drive in 10 years.

Nice truck. Looks good with the Silverado trim. I'd paint those rally wheels silver or "argent."

LMC Truck and NPD are your friends for things parts stores/Rock Auto don't have. There are a number of other companies out there with catalogs for these trucks too. That truck is nicely optioned and would be a nice find even without the sentimental value. I think it's definitely worth keeping up and keeping around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back