Got excited for nothing about this FB ad.

One of those Japanese mini trucks. Priced right. Nice shape. Sellers profile looks legit and he's not too far away. I waste a few hours last night researching these trucks and their prices only to be told this morning that the truck is in Japan. No mention of that in the ad beyond the photos look to be from Japan, but I thought those were from when HE bought it before bringing it over here. Ad says he's in VA. Oh well, got enough cars anyway.

Bummer. Kinda why some do not like to shop CL/FB and would rather deal with a dealer lot, at the very least it's right there, in front of you. There is a bit of a market for these trucks, maybe the guy is fishing to see if he can sell it, before he goes through the trouble of importing it.

1691415199998.jpg

One of those Japanese mini trucks. Priced right. Nice shape. Sellers profile looks legit and he's not too far away. I waste a few hours last night researching these trucks and their prices only to be told this morning that the truck is in Japan. No mention of that in the ad beyond the photos look to be from Japan, but I thought those were from when HE bought it before bringing it over here. Ad says he's in VA. Oh well, got enough cars anyway.
I've seen these Keitora truck-letts at the C.C. compound where my parents used to live when they retired to FLA in the '80s.
I think the property maintenance crew used them inside the compound. I didn't think they could be licensed for on road use t a 660cc 3 banger engine

Then I just saw one going down the road last week a couple miles form my house! Maybe they were "sneeking" it to it's new home!

Then I just saw one going down the road last week a couple miles form my house! Maybe they were "sneeking" it to it's new home!
Each state has different rules on these mini-trucks. NH allows them on roads < 45mph. And within 25 miles of residence? don't remember that rule, but that's what this link indicates.

New Hampshire​

New Hampshire allows the use of mini trucks with a 35 mph speed restriction. However, the vehicle must be used within 25 miles of the driver’s residence or place of business.

A neighbor around the block has a Honda version of one of these. I haven't seen them driving it but it's got OH plates on it.

I haven't seen these for under $6 which seems like a lot for something that could be better done with an 80's Mazda b2000 or a SXS.

Wonder what it's like getting insurance for something without a 17-digit VIN.

Some of these are speed limited by blocking off 4th and 5th gears, LOL.

I don’t think it seems like you’re far from me if I remember from posts I’ve seen of yours. I pass this shop all the time. I didn’t realize they were electric, I feel like they’ve had older gas ones, but they always seem to have a selection of mini trucks here.

Back