76 now with ethanol or...?

Im not sure how it is in your area's but here in Whatcom county Washington 76 gas is ethanol free and they make sure to take note on their signs that fact. The other day at 76 I noticed the sign was no longer there and the 10% ethanol stickers were now on the pumps. I havent looked at he other 76 stations yet. On pure-gas.org they list all the ethanol free stations in the country and 76 isnt on that list for my town anymore. Im a big fan of non ethanol fuel so this is heartbreaking for me that I no longer have that choice.

Washington is supposed to be an ethanol only state by law but places like Pacific Pride, 76 and Cenex were still offering ethanol free and were proudly marketing that as such.

Yaris, do your regulations speak of an average ethanol content, like ours do? With the average required being less than 10%, that lets most stations get away with pure gas for premium and E10 for regular, and something like E5 for midgrade.

It's surprising that these stations are going with an ethanol mix if not mandated by local or state law. Ethanol is MUCH more expensive than it was only a year ago.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
It's surprising that these stations are going with an ethanol mix if not mandated by local or state law. Ethanol is MUCH more expensive than it was only a year ago.
That's because the ethanol subsidy ended at the end of 2011. Don't worry though, big oil is still receiving their $2 billion subsidy a year.
smirk.gif

If you don't have E10 in your area, chances are you will be receiving it shortly as the federal mandate ramps up. What's more, certain states (such as Ohio) do not require gasoline vendors to label that they are selling E10 - so you could very well already be consuming it.

Last edited:
Back