5th Subaru

Al

Just bought a '22 Forester Limited edition. Got rid of my '19 Crosstrek. Crosstrek was a good vehicle, just a bit too small. And this time I wanted maximum bells and whistles. The only thing this doesn't have is face recognition for adjusting seat s and electric passenger seat. Even though I have a '18 Forester XT. It does not have eyesight. The eyesight is pretty impressive.

In days past I would avoid a lot of options, fearing they would fail. But now, its Subaru's problem. The one thing I don't care for and I defeat ever time I start it up is the "automatic start stop".

Just picked it up tonight. Everything works perfect. I was going to order it but as luck would have it there was a truck. on the way to the dealership with the color I wanted and in the limited addition. The other good thing is I got a $500 loyalty reward which came right off of the top. Even without the reward I got $1021 off MSRP. With my lower options '19 Crosstrek. The new vehicle cost me $10,500. OTD. The Crosstrek brought me $25K in trade in. Yea maybe I could have gotten more but I saved $1500 in tax.

Total suggested retail price including delivery was $36,210.

One of the reasons I got a good deal (IMHO) is Faukner of Mechanicsburg, PA. sells a lot of cars. The more cars a dealership sells the more new cars they recieve. I just asked for their best deal and told them I would contact other dealership. I also told them I would not play one dealer against another. A bit of integrity can sometimes go a long way. I certainly recommend this dealership.

It will be a great car. Not normal for a franchise mechanic to say but I love Subaru and would buy one if I was in the market for a Subaru especially since I work on them I have an idea of what to expect. I’d probably get a Crosstrek as they are my favorite ones but I understand the size difference in being a factor. Now we must see pictures please.! Or at least tell us what color it is as their is so many for them haha.

I went with a buddy looking this week and he bought a Ascent Limited...the dealership where he bought 5 previous Subarus as well (replacing his Outback wagon that went to his son)...he has a connection with the dealership manager outside buying and got a nice amount off the sticker (the Ascent is a slower than usual seller for Subaru) and there was very little actual vehicles in the dealership...

my friend bought the one on the showroom floor...seems like a very nice vehicle and he got the same for his trade as he was offered by Carvana for his son's Ford Fusion...

congratulations on your new purchase...enjoy!

Bill

Last edited:
The only thing this doesn't have is face recognition...

You're not missing anything, frankly I despise that system and similar ones like it. I would avoid getting if you can.

That being said the Forester is one of my absolute favorite vehicles on Earth and the only new Subaru that I would consider buying at this time, I currently have a 2021 Outback and while it has been terrific I really like that new Forester Wilderness edition.

Good show good deal! I hope the seats and materials are better than the base outback. - But I am sure it is.

Wife doesn't like HVAC on the massive touch screen, but it is manageble in my opinion.
Still, I cant figure out how to lock the HVAC icons on. it always reverts after a few seconds. IN the winter this can be frustrating. There is a HOT key manual button at the left boarder of the screen for MAX DEFROST though.

Back